'BanditFest' April 28-29, 2012 In Austin, Tx | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'BanditFest' April 28-29, 2012 In Austin, Tx

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
EDIT 4-19-2012: friday afternoon, folks are rolling out from Kris's house to oklahoma to help me move down on this particular weekend. If you are interested, im sure you can ride with folks, or just wait until saturday night-ish or sunday to meet at kris's house for general explorer mayhem. This is just kinda a meet and greet at this point, but alas, you dont have to drive up to OKC if you dont want to, but if you do, the rewards will be worth it@ (Meaning ill help you on your rig however i can, parts, etc) so there you go! PM Kris or me for details/timelines/etc

Welp, figured i would gauge what kind of interest would be had in doing a meet and party in April 2012. Since that would be Blue's 20th 'birthday' and my 10 years of ownership, I wanted to celebrate with those that share the same interest and love with these vehicles I have, so here it is..

BANDITFEST!

This would be a meet/build party (for any rigs need building)/parts swap/just having a plain ole good time! (plus some tasty adult beverages for those that can )

No matter if your rig is stock, lifted, lowered, modified, or broken, bring it and we will all pitch in and help!

The dates are April 28th and 29th (a saturday and sunday) but i will be there friday night.

I know of at least two Bandits that will be there and maybe a couple from Oregon. If there is time, we can do a run or drive, or just general mayhem with explorers

So...who would be down?

Attending BanditHeads:

Nice59FordF100
Kris_Guilbeaux
Randall
TxPlates
98 5oh xlt
Cybergasm
Reapereviltwin
MrQ
yodicoyote
Chasethexplorer
97xlt4.0
TexasArmadillo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do believe that Loki and I will have to attempt another run down there provided nothing major goes wrong, and if Buggy Bandit is built by then, ill tow Buggy Bandit down and we can go off and test Buggy. IDK if Mike and Cowboy Bandit would show, but ill do my very best to drop kick him into gear (Owner or truck, truck needs more work though)

add me to list too just maybe I can make this lol :D :dunno:

I'm in!!!

Sorry for the delay, been out of the loop since sunday, my wireless card took a dump, and just got the new one today, gotta love living in Jonesboro! But at least the FedEx driver finds my house!!!

Alrighty got y'all marked down for the event. Now what are some good ideas for crap to do and days that would be good for everyone. Also, and this is a HUGE IF, but I'm going to see if I can't pull some strings and get Toby Keith to come and perform for us. Let's say I know someone who knows someone lol. So we shall see....

I would like to go...but I guess I'll have to see when time gets closer.....and can someone feel me in on this bandit thing lol I'm lost.

I would like to go...but I guess I'll have to see when time gets closer.....and can someone feel me in on this bandit thing lol I'm lost.

LOL, Shane, look at Russell's signature line, all of his rigs have "bandit" in the name!

lol I saw that but then I saw him call yours cowboy bandit that's what kinda threw me off.

lol I saw that but then I saw him call yours cowboy bandit that's what kinda threw me off.

I think that is a different Mike, but with Russell who knows. :D

Ok time to clear up the confusion :D nice59 and I are named Russell. 97 SOHC is the mike over here in Oregon, being the mike who owns Cowboy Bandit. Loki Bandit and Buggy Bandit are my own. The other Russ has the other 5 bandits ;) Confused yet? Dont worry, its a Bandit thing ;).

I'll see what I can do about making it. Its still a long way off and a lot of plans could change, and a nice visit to Oklahoma sounds good...

...but I think I'm stretching the "nice" part :p:

count me in just let me know when and where in austin

I'll see what I can do about making it. Its still a long way off and a lot of plans could change, and a nice visit to Oklahoma sounds good...

...but I think I'm stretching the "nice" part :p:

Dan were actually hosting it in Austin at kris's house. General consensus was no one wants to travel to Oklahoma lol

Dan were actually hosting it in Austin at kris's house. General consensus was no one wants to travel to Oklahoma lol

Well im already having to go from Oregon to Texas which was my original plan before life decided it hated me. I still owe Loki and myself a trip to Oklahoma at the very least to steal all your limited seats in the name of Loki!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, a BanditFest. This just takes it to a whole new level.:p:

Back