Wanted WTB: '91 explorer engine

Parts or services wanted

LArifleMAN

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer
Like the title says, I need a running 4.0L engine w/egr(Cali registered).

I have a 93 at my house in El Cajon. My buddy bought it as a project does not want motor or trans. I have not heard it run. Was told it ran with 160xxx on it bought it from a friend of a friend. Inner fenders are gone but should be able to get it started because it is all there. I would have to call my buddy but he was in the neighborhood of 500 for engine/trans and all wiring last I asked. It has california plates and I have a smog cert from not to long ago. Still in truck I would do what I could to help pull it. I have a cherry picker.

619-573-8487
Gary

I'm the buddy that owns the 93 ^. It looks like all the parts to make it run are there and it shouldn't take too much time to get it running to check it out. I will be down there the weekend of 10 Dec to drop off Gary's truck and pick that one up. I am not planning on using that engine and trans (A4LD 2wd) or even the rear axle, so if you are interested, I am fairly motivated (it will be getting a similar treatment as Gary's truck). Give Gary a call and if you want, swing down and see if you guys can get it running and make an offer. Gary has my number and has a good idea what I would like out of it, so he can speak on my behalf.

Ivan

Back