• Register Today It's free!

opinions for wheels?

armysoldier30263

Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT
around tax time i want to get some new wheels for the x but i cant find any i really like ... what have yall found? *remember they must be available in 17s*

btw heres the x
photobucket-4022-1314635590269.jpg

around tax time i will also be getting a hunter brushguard and stepbars (black) and i DO NOT want total black wheels TIA brothers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

american outlaw buchshots would look good in either chrome or polished/black

I've been drooling over the new XD Crank 801, machined and black

Available in 17" but not sure if our bolt pattern is available

ER-JK-WRANGLER-5X127-RUBICON-for-sale_300602025822.jpg

Mind you, the rim shown is a 20" with 33x12.50s

Personally, I really like our stock alloys.... I have the Black/Tan EB like you and I like that my wheels fit the color scheme.

i like the xds kazer but apparently they dont come in our lug pattern ... keep showing me your wheel choices ... i really like your taste in wheels

These are the wheels I am considering for the future. Both come in 17" and our bolt pattern.

KMC XD Enduro Beadlock XD222 Desert

They are nice...but a little pricey at $310 per wheel.
6581896341_073c884a0f.jpg

Series 1028 - Polished Alloy Wheel by Pro Comp
6581896425_ab513fdb20.jpg

Personally, I really like our stock alloys.... I have the Black/Tan EB like you and I like that my wheels fit the color scheme.

Brian, he has the XLT not the EB.

My dad put American Racing baja wheels on his truck. They look really good but it's a pain to clean the holes in them :p They have a pretty nice offset as well, but not too much tho.

triton .... both are 310 per wheel?!? how much do the kmcs weigh?

truckles ... on a 3rd gen? pics?

KMC
$310 per Wheels
40lbs

ProComp
$230 Per Wheel (on sale for $190 at 4wheel online)
Could not find a weight for them

JESUS! 40 lbs a wheel?!? and i thought the x was a snail now lol

How about the V-tec Warlord
vtec_394_warlord_black_machine_8_lug_exposed_std_700.jpg

Or the V-tec Raptor?
vtec372_gbmf_raptor_pop.gif

Damn you Steve and your awesome wheel selection...I have enough things on my list that I can't afford. I don't need to be drooling over anything else.

Lol sorry kyle

Here's one more, I'm not a fan of this many spokes..
Stryker_BMF_002.jpg

the last ones definitely have too many spokes ... i like the second one (v tec) but the wife likes the first ones ... im just worried that with having a black truck the predominately black wheels wont "stand out" as much as a brushed wheel would and i do not want a murdered x

You should tape off and paint the trim with the truck bed spray! Know it is off subject, but here is what it looks like (i had the same black with grey trim):

DSCN5091.jpg

I personally don't like all black wheels. a partialy black wheel should stand out fine on your truck because the gray trim will(should) separate them from your body color

Ballistic Hostel chrome. Too bad they don't come in machined and black..
VT4620C.jpg

Hostage-Black-500-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should tape off and paint the trim with the truck bed spray! Know it is off subject, but here is what it looks like (i had the same black with grey trim)

ive thought about doing that but then id be closer to the "murdered" look that i hate so much ... tint will come later and if i get black and machined wheels thats even more black ... seems like slowly but surely im doing what i despise lol

Back