Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp

Wills05xlt4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ashland Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Xlt 4x4
Ok i am starting this thread for a june run to shoe creek..
I have also discussed camping at Fishfoods with him if anyone if interested.

No dates have been officially established YET so if there is a weekend in June that most suits you POST IT!!!
Im thinking june 1-3 or 8-10....
POST IF YOUR INTERESTED IN COMING!!!

stacey(fishfood) also said if you stay there you better bring swimming trunks for the river!!!

WHOS IN???????
:salute:
Edit- looking at the weekend of the 17th

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

8-10 weekend would work.

jd is sending the s/c away this week for a P&P... takes three weeks for just that...

Would a 97 2wd make it? Got 30x9.5 AT's for what it's worth

I have to find another vehicle first, I just sold the explorer

Would a 97 2wd make it? Got 30x9.5 AT's for what it's worth

If not, there will be at least 1 vehicle there with a winch. Most people probably have tow points as well; would probably be good for you to have those on your truck before going.

^^^^^^^ agreed with some finesse you'll be fine. I went with a bone stock street tires jeep cherokee did fine..

Alright, I might try to go! No promises though since I'm trying to get a new job.
And I have a hitch on the back, guess I should go ahead and install tow hooks up front
Thanks!

Thanks for pointing me to this thread Will. I will keep an eye on this and see what me schedule for work turns out to be. How far is this from Richmond? I will probably only be able to come up for the day and have to ride with someone. No wheeling the company ride for me.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread Will. I will keep an eye on this and see what me schedule for work turns out to be. How far is this from Richmond? I will probably only be able to come up for the day and have to ride with someone. No wheeling the company ride for me.

Not a problem.. its actually the same trails we were going to do before. There are trails at fishfoods but the actual run Will start at crabtree falls. You can Google it and get a good time idea. The parking lot for the waterfall is trailhead though people go both ways.. I'm sure there Will be plenty of extra seating!

jd is sending the s/c away this week for a P&P... takes three weeks for just that...

Went out today:Dalso it only going to nj so that three week estimate include about two weeks of shipping.i talked to the guy and he said it should only take a day or two to get it and a week to do the work.he said he email the machinist and told him to make mine a priority so he thinks i couod have it back by the end of next week;) the rush is on,every free min and dollar is going into the truck so i should be in;) i cant wait!!!! Ill be going either way,if the truck aint done im going to bring my three Wheeler and dirt bike,talk xeek into towing my trailer up there;) so ill be there!!

Went out today:Dalso it only going to nj so that three week estimate include about two weeks of shipping.i talked to the guy and he said it should only take a day or two to get it and a week to do the work.he said he email the machinist and told him to make mine a priority so he thinks i couod have it back by the end of next week;) the rush is on,every free min and dollar is going into the truck so i should be in;) i cant wait!!!! Ill be going either way,if the truck aint done im going to bring my three Wheeler and dirt bike,talk xeek into towing my trailer up there;) so ill be there!!

Man you Will tempt me to bring mine lol if the bike would run decent...

Man you Will tempt me to bring mine lol if the bike would run decent...

Yea my supermoto is running like a jet came loose.im only going to bring it if the truck aint running or hell might bring it and the three wheeler either way idk yet,one thing at a time;)

So we're doing bikes to!? Got a woods out KX 250f

So we're doing bikes to!? Got a woods out KX 250f

Hell i say bring it if you got it especially if your going to camp.my two wheeler is a supermoto (Drz400sm) so it has street tires on it but the three wheeler is a old big red 250 lol.if you've never been to fishfoods place its awesome! !right above the james river so we can go tubing also.im super excited :)

Ps..i call the same spot i camped last time
pss..dont think ill bring any guns this time;) LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wait, so guns, bikes, tubing, and trucks!?!?!
So I should bring the kayak, bike, and riffle? :D I'll bring the mountain bike to!

Back