jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
On Board Water(Obw)

Well i wasnt going to release this yet till it was all the way done but figured why not.for you that know me know i did what i was calling the "power house" witch was the dual battery,ac inverter,and 110volt compressor with a 8gal tank.http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333598
well ive added to the on board capabilities,OBW on board water:Dits a 26 gallon tank with quick disconnects so i can switch from a hose or for the OBS(on board shower) :eek:i plumed it all so its inside the tailgate.just open it up,attach the shower head and plug it in.the other main reason i did this mod is for when i get off the trails i can plug my ac pressure washer in and wash my tires,rims and breaks off.or in the case we are at the beach i can give the truck a quick rinse to get all that salt water off.i haven't decided on a pump yet,really thinking about just getting the cheaper 5.5gpm one.the shower head uses 2.0gpm and the pressure washer uses 1.5gpm.its only 26gallon tank so im looking at a 13min shower or about a 17min car wash.ive painted the tank black so it can gain some heat and being in the truck all day will make for a slight warm shower:Dfor you worrying about weight,so am i,the 26gal should weigh around 208lbs and all the other stuff for the power house weighs a bit to.i have aal but thinking about taking it out and getting 2'' lift springs.

ill post more pics or vids when i finish:D:D

2012-05-12201348.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and just one more reason,not hooked up yet;)
2012-05-10164933.jpg

2012-05-10164919.jpg

Pure awesomeness man!

I saw the letters OBW and was thinking On Board Welder, but I think this is even cooler :thumbsup:

lol haha lol yea i still have to test that to see if it will work but im think it wont run it.come in handy before we come down those mountain roads

Sweet setup man

Wow! You've got everything on that truck...

Including the kitchen sink...

Very nice!

Wow! You've got everything on that truck...

Including the kitchen sink...

Very nice!

Hahah thats funny!!!thanks man!

And to think this mod really came to me in a vision ...me,my truck on the beach,girlsss in bikinis in the shower with me in the middle!!lol :)
haha being able to wash my truck was just a legitimate reason to do it;)

Nice only thing I see wrong is where the sink drains--- right on those "girlsss" feet maybe a hose to drain away? I have been thinking of lots of ways to improve your shower but most of them have to do with changing the hair color of the girlsss under it! Back to more thinking.

This is cool. An idea for hot water would be a radiator to act as a heat exchanger. That is how the hot water showers work On ski boats, you can have an inline pump to move it across the engine. Very cool concept especially with the hose hookup while at camp grounds.

Nice only thing I see wrong is where the sink drains--- right on those "girlsss" feet maybe a hose to drain away? I have been thinking of lots of ways to improve your shower but most of them have to do with changing the hair color of the girlsss under it! Back to more thinking.
The sink dont stay on there just when you need it.i have a 90* and about a ft or two of pipe that slips on after its mounted to take the water up under the truck.

This is cool. An idea for hot water would be a radiator to act as a heat exchanger. That is how the hot water showers work On ski boats, you can have an inline pump to move it across the engine. Very cool concept especially with the hose hookup while at camp grounds.

I have a 26 gallon water tank in the truck.i think the water will get "warm" with the sun beating on it and being in the truck all day.alot of the places i camp dont have water hook ups.especially when we just get off the trail,luv to rinse off or wash the rims and breaks before getting on the road and driving down a mountain! !;)

Well i wasnt going to release this yet till it was all the way done but figured why not.for you that know me know i did what i was calling the "power house" witch was the dual battery,ac inverter,and 110volt compressor with a 8gal tank.http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333598
well ive added to the on board capabilities,OBW on board water:Dits a 26 gallon tank with quick disconnects so i can switch from a hose or for the OBS(on board shower) :eek:i plumed it all so its inside the tailgate.just open it up,attach the shower head and plug it in.the other main reason i did this mod is for when i get off the trails i can plug my ac pressure washer in and wash my tires,rims and breaks off.or in the case we are at the beach i can give the truck a quick rinse to get all that salt water off.i haven't decided on a pump yet,really thinking about just getting the cheaper 5.5gpm one.the shower head uses 2.0gpm and the pressure washer uses 1.5gpm.its only 26gallon tank so im looking at a 13min shower or about a 17min car wash.ive painted the tank black so it can gain some heat and being in the truck all day will make for a slight warm shower:Dfor you worrying about weight,so am i,the 26gal should weigh around 208lbs and all the other stuff for the power house weighs a bit to.i have aal but thinking about taking it out and getting 2'' lift springs.

ill post more pics or vids when i finish:D:D
VzXCcQYz6Rg

Anybody see that drop and catch??;) played it off but it flew off and smacked me in the face, then i caught it!haha :)

Anybody see that drop and catch??;) played it off but it flew off and smacked me in the face, then i caught it!haha :)
i noticed. and laughed. now im laughing more cause your face caught it not your hand lolol

a master bedroom tent, shower, sink, air, tv, music. all you need now is a working toilet. HA

LOL and you probably just inspired his next project.

Lol i dont have anytime left for projects now.doing a 4-35 watt hid light bar and gota finish this SC;)

So my idea for a heater is, you all know what a worm is? Like they used to cool moonshine? Well my idea is to take a old metal coffee can,drill a bunch of hole in the bottom and coil copper tupping in it.have each end come out the side of the can with hose fittings on it.then sit it on top a little sigle propane burner.it would blast fire/heat through the can and heat the copper tubbing,inturn heating the water running thro it;)

I think that there is already some tech like that in europe for individually heating showers... they're small units that bolt to the wall... and can probably be modified to accept 12v's from a car.

I think that there is already some tech like that in europe for individually heating showers... they're small units that bolt to the wall... and can probably be modified to accept 12v's from a car.

I have 110v in the car also;) sure they arent cheap and i have all the crap here to build one.i personally dont think ill need it unless i go camping in the winter.i think the sun and being in the truck all day will warm it up alittle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or copper tubing around the exhaust manifold and down pipe

Back