Front Hitch

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
just want to show off my new front hitch i made.made it just like the rear one but didnt use as thick of plates.the front wont be seeing real heavy loads but im sure it would hold just about anything i put on it.also added two tow hooks .this is done on my truck which has a 3" body lift.any questions feel free to ask.here is a link to the rear one i made awhile ago:D;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320984

2012-05-31183141.jpg

2012-05-31183240.jpg

2012-05-31184641.jpg

2012-05-31184611.jpg

2012-05-31203327.jpg

2012-05-31203542.jpg

2012-06-02192339.jpg

2012-06-02192517.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bad ass ! , I think you should make like 10 of them and put them on here for sale , I know they would sale !!

Bad ass ! , I think you should make like 10 of them and put them on here for sale , I know they would sale !!

They do make them but they hang low and are like $250+ this cost me under $20 and couple hours of time.would have taken less but for some reason my stick welder was not working right,found out later on my pops took my sticks on accident and left his.they were like for thin clean metal.got the right sticks and had to try and go back over it,just on the outside two welds tho.you can see it the pic,outside welds look like **** but the ones in the middle are alot cleaner.

Wow I did not Know they were that much , I have a Spare first gen hitch sitting here , might have a buddy chop it up and make some brackets !!

Oh yeah , Love Your Don't Tread On me Tag too !!

Wow I did not Know they were that much , I have a Spare first gen hitch sitting here , might have a buddy chop it up and make some brackets !!

Oh yeah , Love Your Don't Tread On me Tag too !!

There probably will be more to it on a truck that doesnt have a body lift.it wouod come right out into the bumper,but im sure it can be done easly.
lol ;)

I have 3" body lift So it Would Be A copy of Your's !!

I have 3" body lift So it Would Be A copy of Your's !!

Lol right on.you see the one i made for the rear? Looks way better than thos that hang down because of a raised bumper. That one is made out of 3/8 and is inside the frame box

Lol right on.you see the one i made for the rear? Looks way better than thos that hang down because of a raised bumper. That one is made out of 3/8 and is inside the frame box

Yes i did after i seen your front mounted ! , Question , did you used to live in Dothan Al ? by chance

Yes i did after i seen your front mounted ! , Question , did you used to live in Dothan Al ? by chance

Nope been in va beach all my life:(

Okay gotcha , there was a member on here from years ago like 05 that had a Similar screen name as yours , just making sure haha

Yep, I definately got to get a welder.

Yep, I definately got to get a welder.

Lol ive got three now,stick,tig and mig.i use to know how to stick weld real good but its been forever now,just bought the tig and mig and trying to learn those.tig is cake;) going to use the mig tomorrow for the first time on some aluminium :(

The first time I welded was with a mig on aluminum i was 15 and only had to put a few (tack) welds to hold it , it was only a Rod welded to a Valve and showed when open and shut , That's when i was working for my brother Albert doing water treatment plant Pumps and valves , wow I do not miss those smells haha

Hope you don't mind, but I have an old receiver out back and am gonna use your design to fab one up for my X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dig it. The front mount hitches that you can buy mount UNDER the frame rails while yours mounts in between the frame rails. Tried the First Gen Ex front mount on my BII and it hangs down annoyingly low. Adding this to my list of spring projects.

Do the mounting holes line up with anything on the frame or did you have to drill new ones?

Back