Kurts 97 Offroad Aussie Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kurts 97 Offroad Aussie Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great looking bullbar!

nice x

I've never seen one of those whole replacement bumpers on an Ex. Only on bigger trucks. That's sweet! Now I'm jealous!

Kurt, good to see another aussie explorer. btw, bull bar, roo bar, crash bar, it does'nt matter what you call it, you just gotta have a big one! Size does matter.

V3x059.jpg

Well I found the reason for my rattling last week (below). I also discovered that this engine is the bigger ******* in the world to time, serious dafuq was ford thinking. Either way, it should be timed now and the engine is back together, I am putting the new transmission back in tonight. If anyone wants any guidance on how to put the chains in and out without removing the engine, i have mastered it (although wouldn't suggest it).

Kurt, good to see another aussie explorer. btw, bull bar, roo bar, crash bar, it does'nt matter what you call it, you just gotta have a big one! Size does matter.

V3x059.jpg

Yeah it is nice to see another explorer around, your bar looks good, is it a TJM aswell? Looks like their logo in small on bump stops.

Thanks everyone else! Going to make my bullbar bigger soon, i need to cut all the pipes off and extend them about 15cm because of the body lift.

Nice work kurt looks good dude like that you've sprayed the flares black, it's a pain staking job welding up all the holes. Bullbar looks wicked. I'm thinking I'm going to make headlight bars for mine after seeing yours with them. Is it nearly back on the road yet?

You have complete undercarriage skid plates made, right? Looks like you were slding all the way down on the frame andsuspension, lol.

Good stuff mate, she look's sweet as :D

Nice work kurt looks good dude like that you've sprayed the flares black, it's a pain staking job welding up all the holes. Bullbar looks wicked. I'm thinking I'm going to make headlight bars for mine after seeing yours with them. Is it nearly back on the road yet?

Hey mate, it's back on the road and running well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was fairly happy with the car except for its poor height, although before i could make any huge changes i manage to burn out a clutch towing so i had to rebuild the transmission... In the process i decided to re-do all my timing chains rear and front. I found the front top right guide had broken and was just sitting there, the rest of the setup was perfectly fine. While i had it sitting around and its guts out i ended up giving it a body lift of 3" and now here it sits at the workshop ready to have the chains timed. :thumbsup:

Once i get my chains done and my tranny back in ima go and hit the bush again![/QUOTE]

looks nice...! which 3" lift kit did you get? did you intstall these lift kit by urself?

Back