For Sale - Gen2 stealthish 10" sub woofer enclosure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Gen2 stealthish 10" sub woofer enclosure

SOLD - Gen2 stealthish 10" sub woofer enclosure

$100.00, I will wrap it up in cardboard and ship it at cost, but I will not guarantee that some a$$hat at UPS or USPS won't damage it by slamming it on a corner.

You can PM me on this forum, e-mail me at bronchole at hotmail dot com or text/call me on my cell phone 80five 7nine5 6oneO5. My name is Dan.

P1050178.jpg

I ended up building 2 of these when I started making this project: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396059

This is just the enclosure. No woofer, no amp, no terminals, just an enclosure that will fit really nice in the stock location and can mount a 10" sub woofer. I am not sure how deep of a sub it could take, but I know it will take the following sub: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R2D210/Rockford-Fosgate-R2D2-10.html?tp=111 with good clearance.

This cabinet is right at the correct "optimal" volume for this sub also (around 0.58 cubic feet).

It is made from some 5/8" particle board I got from my work. It has fully glued seams and all of the panels have been screwed to hold them in place as the glue was drying. All the joints were hand lapped to make sure they were a nice fit prior to gluing.

I have siliconed most of the seams inside, but will need to cut out the hole for the sub woofer in order to finish sealing it. You let me know what diameter hole you want for your woofer and I will cut it to size for you and then finish sealing it up.

The outside of the box has been primered. I can paint the "insert" area black if you want. No extra charge.

If you want me to cutout and install a set of terminals I can do that for an extra $15 (I'll cut it out, supply the terminals, 14Ga speaker wire and solder the wire on). It will take an extra week or so because I will have to order the terminal cup.

This was test fitted in my 4 door 1997 Mountaineer and my 4 door 96 Explorer.

You will need to modify your side panel by clipping off the flange that the stock insert (sub woofer or basket) was mounted to. Leave the wall of that area though. I also used a dremel to sand the remaining edges to clean them up.

You will have to remove the stock stereo amplifiers. This goes exactly where the stock amplifiers mount. Here is a picture of this boxes sister so you can see what I mean:
P1050156.jpg

What you should end up with is an installation that looks like my wife's Explorer:

P1050167.jpg

Here are some other views of the actual box that I am selling:

P1050179.jpg

P1050180.jpg

P1050181.jpg

P1050182.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OUCH!!! Someone from Sydney Australia asked for a shipping quote. The best I could find was USPS for something like $142 USD!

The enclosure weighs just over 20 pound as it sits. It measures 6" x 16" x 26" so I estimated the package to be 22 pounds and 8"x 20"x 30". If anyone has any better ideas for shipping please let me know.

That is in line with what I found........ if you can call $140 cheap ;)

Maybe sell the dimensions to that person? Boxes aren't THAT hard to build. Also I'm interested but it'll be a week or 2 before I'm decided. Haha tired of not having bass

Back