These look like fun

Tech By Trade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Your mom's house
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Toyotas need a refresh bad its coming in 2017 I believe. I have been eyeing the new Colorado looks sweet. I'm not a Chevy guy at all except corvette's bit damn it looks good.

I bought a Paxton kit for my old 91 Explorer 4.0 OHV. Gave it some extra umph, but a pain. Kept throwing the belt. Pretty easy install. Took it off and sold it to a guy at the station to use on his Mustang. The only item in the kit he could use was the blower itself. No Toyota's or Chevy's for me, strictly FOMOCO since 1963. Mustangs in the basement and Exploders in the garage. Good variety of Ford V8's. 302 Windsor flat tappet in the 83 convertible, 302 Coyote in the 11 Mustang(really nice package), 302 roller tappet in the 97 Exploder and of course the 4.6 in the Trac.
Can't deal with 6 bangers and front wheel drive vehicles....yeah, I know it's a sign of the times, but I am a dinosaur.

I bought a Paxton kit for my old 91 Explorer 4.0 OHV. Gave it some extra umph, but a pain. Kept throwing the belt. Pretty easy install. Took it off and sold it to a guy at the station to use on his Mustang. The only item in the kit he could use was the blower itself. No Toyota's or Chevy's for me, strictly FOMOCO since 1963. Mustangs in the basement and Exploders in the garage. Good variety of Ford V8's. 302 Windsor flat tappet in the 83 convertible, 302 Coyote in the 11 Mustang(really nice package), 302 roller tappet in the 97 Exploder and of course the 4.6 in the Trac.
Can't deal with 6 bangers and front wheel drive vehicles....yeah, I know it's a sign of the times, but I am a dinosaur.

I agree I have owned only ford for 20 years. Problem is no mid size trucks anymore. I'm hoping that ford gets back on the bandwagon since Chevys in it and makes a new mid size truck. I have no need for a full size truck.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as well.
My son will be 17 in 2 years and I really hope Ford has a new midsize truck in the showrooms or at least in the works by then.

I would rather hand over the keys to my STA to him and buy myself something new then spend the cash on something else for him to drive.
Maybe my STA will have 40,000-50,000 miles at that time?

Unless I just get him a junker while he is still learning? :D

But I think we all have to keep in mind sooner or later getting parts for our Sport Tracs will become an issue.

What is it? 10 years from manufacture?

Most of if not all of the power train parts are compatible with the explorer. Most times I look them up for the explorer just because the sport trac isn't listed on all sites. With this many explorers on the road I don't think powertrain will be an issue. I could see body and specialty becoming expensive and hard to find some day.

One thing I will give the old girl, we got a skiff of snow last night (bout 6 inches) and it was -17c on the drive to work today. With a set of blizzaks on her for the winter, other than the drop in fuel economy, it was just like driving on a summer day. She handles the snow like nothing else I have ever driven.

Interesting. I see the fellow that makes these out in BC has an account on here.
Best deal I could find on an Ford Eaton M90 is around 500 bucks used. From the looks of it you don't need to even tune until you go over 3.5lbs of boost.

http://modd.me/?product=06-10-explorer-st-supercharger-install-kit
http://modd.me/?product=intercooler-kit#!prettyPhoto

You are correct. Bolt-on compatible to 3.5psi. Also.. .check car-part.com if you are looking for used blowers. Lots of our customers have scored them for $150-250 CAD if you look around. South of the border deals are a bit easier to come by. Happy hunting :)

Back