And you Thought our 13-15 tuning was good!?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

And you Thought our 13-15 tuning was good!?!

Livernois

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Since the release of the all-new 2016 XSport we have been have at work trying to crack the code to give you guys the power that you want.

I think that we just might have gotten this one right:
9b790860-b36f-433c-bf65-99234892b962_zpsqflxxbpx.png

Featuring 59WHP and 82WTQ, I would say that we got it right the first time around!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's the graph for the older sports? Looked couldn't find it in here.

Hell yeah!! Looking forward to putting some break in miles on mine, and will be calling you guys!!
Can't imagine what it'd be like with exhaust and an intake

Im ready to go for a tune! Already have your intake installed and have been dying for the added HP!

So is the 16 putting down more hp and tq then the 13-15's?

So is the 16 putting down more hp and tq then the 13-15's?
Where's the graph for the older sports? Looked couldn't find it in here.

The 16 made far more power than the 11whp and 35wtq that we were able to make with the initial rounds of tuning of the 13-15MY.

The 16 makes more tq than the 13-15, but we don't know which one is quicker or faster...YET!

I couldn't find the graph, but here is the initial video!

Im ready to go for a tune! Already have your intake installed and have been dying for the added HP!

Hell yeah!! Looking forward to putting some break in miles on mine, and will be calling you guys!!
Can't imagine what it'd be like with exhaust and an intake

We appreciate the fact that you guys are just as excited as we are! We cannot wait to take this thing out to the track next month!!!!!

DON'T FORGET CAD TRACK DAY IS 9/17/15!

The 16 made far more power than the 11whp and 35wtq that we were able to make with the initial rounds of tuning of the 13-15MY.

The 16 makes more tq than the 13-15, but we don't know which one is quicker or faster...YET!

Does this mean that there may be more tuning to be had besides the 93 Performance 3 Bar tune for the 13-15MY without going to Meth?

Does this mean that there may be more tuning to be had besides the 93 Performance 3 Bar tune for the 13-15MY without going to Meth?

So you're saying that you would be excited if there was like a new tune coming for you 13-15 guys, huh?

do these tunes affect the longevity of the explorer? do they have problems when they get over 100k miles on them?

Since the release of the all-new 2016 XSport we have been have at work trying to crack the code to give you guys the power that you want.

I think that we just might have gotten this one right:
9b790860-b36f-433c-bf65-99234892b962_zpsqflxxbpx.png

Featuring 59WHP and 82WTQ, I would say that we got it right the first time around!
Here's a screen grab from the Livernois video. Note that the stock 2016 is down on HP and torque from the stock 2011-2013. With the tune the 2016 makes more HP but less torque than the 2011-2013. I think Livernois might have meant to say in the post above that we need to see if the 2011-2013's higher torque or the 2016's higher HP makes the most difference in the real world performance. In any case, it is an impressive result for the 2016.

original.gif

^ Thanks for clarifying. So the 13-15 only see 11hp on 93 octane tune or was that just initial tuning and since livernois has brought that number up quite a bit? I know the big gains are in tq but I thought hp would be up far higher then that.

^ Thanks for clarifying. So the 13-15 only see 11hp on 93 octane tune or was that just initial tuning and since livernois has brought that number up quite a bit? I know the big gains are in tq but I thought hp would be up far higher then that.
You're welcome. Livernois can tell us for sure, but these are from the video posted Jan 9th, 2013 and it lists the explo as a 2013 model.

I realize that conditions vary, but looking at overall performance rather than just peak numbers the interesting news for me here is that :

- the stock 2016 was noticeably down on both HP and torque from the stock 2013
- the 2013 tune produced more torque than the 2016 tune (but less hp)
- the tuned 2013 killed the stock 2013 in the midrange rpms (+75 hp and +142 ft/lbs torque) :

original.gif

Hi Livernois, for the 2013, the peak numbers were +11whp and +77wtq (rather than +35wtq) according to the screen grab I made from your video in the post above! Maybe the runs posted in the video were made with later versions of the tunes than you were referring to ?

Correct.

The initial runs on the 1st gen XS were FAR lower than that of the 1st runs on the 2nd gen.

so if i just swap a 3 bar and tstat can i get more pwr with the tune?

so if i just swap a 3 bar and tstat can i get more pwr with the tune?

The tune changes dramatically! It is FAR more smooth, powerful and responsive!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back