1998 Sport D-44 SAS Complete!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 Sport D-44 SAS Complete!!!

98 Sport D-44 SAS Complete!!!

I wanted to wait till the truck was done b4 posting here, but here I am, the truck is done.... FINALLY.

The gears and locker are in, and the new driveshaft is in, and it works great, I had it out on the highway and it seems to get a better ride at higher speeds..... Good thing....

Specs:

D44 Front axle from a 84 Grand Waggy wide-trac
4:10 Gear ratio Locked
Warn Manual hubs
Leaf spring suspension
Rancho 5000 shocks all around
94 X steering box
Tom Woods custom front driveshaft
Woodring driveshafts custom rear driveshaft
rear SOA and 3" blocks
Modified Tranny Crossmember (to allow driveshaft to fit)
all the rest of the SAS is custom fabricated

Last edited by a moderator:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

THATS GOOD NEWS TO HEAR:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i like ur truck alot

PEACE

WOW! speechless!

UMMMM....Yeah! Good work lizard!

that is bad ass

it is now my backround on my desktop

Well the truck made it 400+ miles across PA and back, on AND off road, and held up great, a few small adjustments are in order tho, this was the first time this truck was tested since the SAS so it turned out great.

What are the front leaf springs out of or are they custom?

Chris--something looks weird, maybe it's the lack of a front bumper! Are you going to make one or anything?

Nothing's weird man...thats f'n sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :eek: :D :bounce:

That is one sweet x !!!!!!man.

Originally posted by Tyka15
Nothing's weird man...

Ahhh, Chris just knows i'm giving him a hard time!!

dude your explorer is a beast....that is by far the coolest thing i have seen in a while...you did some awesome work....keep showin us some pictures of yer truck in action

The tires you're running, are those Claws or Mudzillas? I am asking because I see the Maxxis sticker on the side...

Those are mudzillas, he is sponsored by Maxxis. Lucky:p

I was wondering, because I have been considering getting a set of those and was curious as to how well they perform. Although the ones I am really interested in are the Creepy Crawlers, but they're not out yet:(

The creepy crawlers do look good but they dont make them in the size I want. The only ones I can get are the Buckshot Mudders.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size are you wanting?

I suppose I should comment on Lizards Ex, considering thats what this thread is for!:D You have one baaadd vehicle:eek: Any coilover plans?

Back