Aussie locker compared with Powertrax No Slip? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aussie locker compared with Powertrax No Slip?

haktmal

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV
Hi,
Has anyone gotten the Aussie Locker and have had the Powertrax No Slip before?

I'm still in a deciding mode on which one to get and I want to know if which one is better.

Thanks

Nathan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the aussie is out yet.

Availability of Aussie Lockers

We are shipping two Toyota models, the AMC 20 and the Dana 44. We should have the Dana 30 in about two weeks and the Dana 35 in 4-5 weeks. The Ford 9" and the 8.8 by end of September. More models after that at a rate of one to two per month.

come on ..aussie locker. need to pick up the pace here. we are all anxiously waiting... first august, now september? i think we all need a special discount when it comes out. like maybe free shipping or somethin glike that.

Ship Schedule

I have an Explorer so I am in the same situation as everyone else. Had to run this weekend at Paragon fully stock and while there are some interesting trail sites on green, especially just the last mile of getting out of there, the real fun was elsewhere.

I am keeping the pressure on the factory to move up the schedule, but they are way behind due to low yields caused by our very tight tolerances and quality inspection.

By the way, some interesting posts on Pirate4X4 on installations, and driving reports, and more on the way I am told.

Re: Ship Schedule

Originally posted by AussieLocker
I have an Explorer so I am in the same situation as everyone else. Had to run this weekend at Paragon fully stock and while there are some interesting trail sites on green, especially just the last mile of getting out of there, the real fun was elsewhere.....

So you were the X with the Aussie Locker Decals on the side at Paragon!!! We were wondering who that was, but by the time we got through registration, you had already split the staging area.....We had 6 Explorers and a Sammy in our group.

Paragon

Yes, saw you guys. Some great looking vehicles. I walked by your group but most were busy airing down so I decided to let everyone get ready rather than stopping to talk. We had an early start with the UCP group and did not want to hold anyone up. What club are you guys from and where are you located?

Not for an Ex, for an FJ40

I'm junkyard searching for newer axles for our 65 FJ40 so we can get AussieLockers, glad to hear there will be Ford rearends in the future as well. Will there be 28 and 31 spline versions for the 8.8?

Regards,
Brian in CA

Is there an approximate cost out yet for the 8.8 locker?
Thanks
Gary

Ford 8.8

First I did not know that there was a 28 spline 8.8. Where was is used, so we can update our lists? Our 8.8 will be 31 spline based on our existing engineering program.

As to the introductory price, we are trying to keep it at the $199.99 price but until we complete the prototype run we will not know for sure. Plus how the US Dollar does against the Australian Dollar will have something to do with the pricing as well. The exchange rate has not been kind to us lately, but that can change.

F150s and Mustangs (amongst others) use 28 spline 8.8s. Heck, I think most 8.8s outside of Explorers are 28 spline.

Ford 8.8

Thanks Robb,

I just did a cross reference and found that it was widely used. We did purchase broaches for both a 28 and 31 spline Ford axle, as we are also doing a Ford 9". I will have engineering make sure that we are set as far as broaches are concerned. If they are the same, then we can bring out both splines at the same time. I will be updating our model information on the web site.

Bill

hurry hurry hurry with the 8.8.

Man this is killing me!!! I so badly want to add a locker, and I almost bought a powerttrax recently. I will see how long I can hold out.

alaskan jack....good things comes to those that wait. that is what i tell myself everytime i see someone buy a powertrax. the anticipation is killing me.

is there a web site that i can go to to take a look at aussie lockers

Web Site

To look at the Aussie Locker and check out the theory of operation, FAQ and other information go to www.offroadlockers.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The F150's also got the 31 spline 8.8. Older mustangs got the 28 spline. I have the powertrax now in my F150. I'm waiting on this for my explorer!!!!
Dazed

Back