Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
I just ordered one, but I was wondering if it comes with a TB gasket, or if I will need to buy a gasket separately.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was a while ago that I installed it, but I beleive that it does come with one.

Yup, comes with everything you need.

Rhett, what size T/B and where did you purchase it and for how much? I'll be doing the same soon. Let us know what you think after the install.:redexp:

Hey Bro, It comes with everything you need. It also has good instructions, I just put mine on this weekend. It took me 25 minutes. Just read through the instructions and make sure you have all the tools . Mike

Thanks for the heads up on the TB gasket.

Rocky I got mine from Summit Racing...cost was about $210 with shipping. The BBK part # was 1580 or something like that.

When I get it installed I'll probably be happy and post about it somewhere. :)

After that, the only typical mod left for me to do would be a chip, possibly apten since that brian guy's store is in St. Louis, on Dorsett road, which is only 1.5 hours from me.

Thanks guys, I'll be rebuilding the top end (have to repair gasket leaks) and will do the typicle mods and maybe a camm in the process.:D :redexp:

Hey Rhett, I would definetly get that chip. I did the kkm, exhaust(flowmaster) and got a granatelli 70mm mas. I noticed a reasonable increase in power. I just put in my apten chip and wow! It is great, power you can really feal. Most bang for the $$. It completes the air intake and exhaust mods.

Good luck....

I had a super chip, & felt no difference. I had the same mods.

The BBK throttle body arrived yesterday. I will install it this weekend.

I noticed the throttle assembly itself is a little hard to turn, and the "BBK" emblem on the throttle plate is upside down (o well cant win em all). It was inspected 10/2001 so it may have sat on a shelf for over a year. I'm going to put a little lithium grease on it and hope it loosens up some. Maybe it won't matter once it's hooked up.

It's in, and made a noticeable difference! However the only problem is that the idle is too high. It idles fine when it starts up, but then if you give it any gas, and then let off, it only drops to about 1100 rpm. I reset the computer, too. First I thought it was the computer not re-learning the idle, but it has had plenty of time to re-learn it. It's as if the TPS is not detecting that I have let off the throttle. I'll try reseating the TPS and see if that helps. It came with some little TPS bushing, which wasn't in the stock TPS so I will have to re-examine this one.

Rhett, it sounds like the T/B is sticking open. Didnt you say that it was hard to operate before installing it? But you like it--?

Well, I think its something with the throttle position sensor (TPS). The truck idles way too high after opening the throttle...it won't back off below 1000 rpm anymore. So I think the TPS isn't quite engaging where the little screw thing contacts the sensor. The throttle body comes with a little black bushing that fits around the TPS element, and I tried installing it with, and without this bushing, and it made no difference. The stock TB did not have this bushing. Is that throttle plate screw adjustable?

Anyway today going to work it threw a check engine (CEL) light so I will check that code when I get home tonight. I'm betting the code will have to do with the reading it's getting from the TPS.

Ok I figured out what is wrong...

The throttle cable needs to be loosened a little.
It's just tight enough when attached to the BBK TB it won't let the flap slide shut completely.

The BBK TB mechanism is a little tight, it is not smooth opening. I put some lith grease on there but it still has a hitch in it.

Rhett, have you got the "Buggs" Worked out? Are you happy with the purchase? What was the best Mod that you made?:D

No, it's still screwing up...

The lower spring on the TB isn't tight enough to close the TB flap all the way, so the truck idles too high. It's bad for the brakes (in effect, it's like brake torquing at every stop) and the trans (it's like shifting your trans at 1100 rpm all the time).

Someone told me to re-wind the spring, make it wind around 1 more time to make it tighter. If that doesn't work, all I can do is send it back. It's always my luck to get the defective part.

Rhett, sorry to hear that your still having problems. Let us know how it works out.

I tried re-winding the spring tighter but it didn't work. The BBK TB I got is defective. I'm in the process of exchanging it for another. Hopefully they (Summit) won't charge me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back