‘13 Ford Explorer steering problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

‘13 Ford Explorer steering problems

lafd55

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT V6
I have a ‘13 Explorer with 111k on it and I’m starting to have steering problems. The problem is that the steering is very stiff and almost as if it was manual but I have no warnings or alarms saying that there’s a problem. You would steer it to the left or right and it would not correct back to center. Sometimes when turning the vehicle on it would seem to correct itself but revert back to the stiffness from before. I also have sounds coming from the front end.

Update from a few moments ago: I disconnected the battery for a few seconds and that has seem to fixed the problem. Hopefully that holds up and I won’t start the car tomorrow and have the same problem again.

Thanks for the update.

I have a ‘13 Explorer with 111k on it and I’m starting to have steering problems. The problem is that the steering is very stiff and almost as if it was manual but I have no warnings or alarms saying that there’s a problem. You would steer it to the left or right and it would not correct back to center. Sometimes when turning the vehicle on it would seem to correct itself but revert back to the stiffness from before. I also have sounds coming from the front end.

Update from a few moments ago: I disconnected the battery for a few seconds and that has seem to fixed the problem. Hopefully that holds up and I won’t start the car tomorrow and have the same problem again.
Hopefully it isn't a sign of this; 2011 - 2015 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Peter

So the steering problem is back and again no codes. Should probably start looking for a new vehicle because what I’ve seen on here it’s a $2000 job and I’ve already put $5000 in it this year.

Back