0% for 72 mos | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

0% for 72 mos

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
Ford just announced 0% for 72 mos in the TX market. Covers the entire enchilada. To bad I can't take my clear title to the dealer and take advantage of this offer.
:angryfire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sell and buy a 2021?😜

But seriously, I just took advantage of that for a new 2020 F150. Got a lease for 4 years at 0 percent and 12000 off MSRP. Was a no brainer since the lease on my 2018 was up in October anyways.

Hope someone else can get in on the deal at least.

And congrats on having your Explorer paid off!

Ford just announced 0% for 72 mos in the TX market. Covers the entire enchilada. To bad I can't take my clear title to the dealer and take advantage of this offer.
:angryfire:

I'm in South Carolina and they're offering 0% for 72 months, but usually, that is an either/or with Ford rebates. When I bought my XLT in February we received $4250 in Ford rebates, financing for 72 months would only be around $2200 in interest making 0% from Ford cost about $2k more than 2.29% with Navy Federal Credit Union.

I'm in South Carolina and they're offering 0% for 72 months, but usually, that is an either/or with Ford rebates. When I bought my XLT in February we received $4250 in Ford rebates, financing for 72 months would only be around $2200 in interest making 0% from Ford cost about $2k more than 2.29% with Navy Federal Credit Union.
I really wish more people looked at it this way... I wonder if some people just don't even ask what they're giving up to get 0%. At the time I bought mine I think the difference was like $3k vs. 72 months 0% - didn't make sense for me to take the zero interest either. I went back and forth with this guy but I think he was just "invested" in not being stupid and admitting he gave up rebates (bought around the same time I did).

I really wish more people looked at it this way... I wonder if some people just don't even ask what they're giving up to get 0%. At the time I bought mine I think the difference was like $3k vs. 72 months 0% - didn't make sense for me to take the zero interest either. I went back and forth with this guy but I think he was just "invested" in not being stupid and admitting he gave up rebates (bought around the same time I did).

I'm a big fan of Steve Lehto! I usually listen to his podcasts... I sent him a sticker I found at the Pull-a-Part that he mentioned in one of his episodes.

I generally consider 0% financing ads about as serious as I consider "One dime down!" ads, they're just trying to generate interest and increase traffic to the dealership. I have good credit and can qualify for low-interest loans, and if you don't qualify for a low-interest loan you're not going to qualify for the 0% either.

I'm a big fan of Steve Lehto! I usually listen to his podcasts... I sent him a sticker I found at the Pull-a-Part that he mentioned in one of his episodes.

I generally consider 0% financing ads about as serious as I consider "One dime down!" ads, they're just trying to generate interest and increase traffic to the dealership. I have good credit and can qualify for low-interest loans, and if you don't qualify for a low-interest loan you're not going to qualify for the 0% either.
Let me know if you watch the video and agree that he doesn’t fully grasp the full universe of dealer rebates!

Whatever the deal is that is offered, you can be sure that the dealership isn't going to lose money. I've noticed that when the Employee Pricing offer is on here, the interest rates appear to go up. Ford and the dealerships are not in business to lose money. :)

Peter

I'm at 1.9% for 6 years. Can't go too wrong with that. Of course 0% is better if you can get it.

Ugh exactly... Usually when you get some non-zero interest rate it's just whatever rate you qualify for, either at the dealership or at a bank. Zero percent (especially these days) is something you get INSTEAD of a rebate. You can pretend that free money doesn't exist, and only the "free money" of the zero rate, but you're not making an honest calculation. Talking about zero interest rates in a vacuum gives a wildly inaccurate representation of reality.

Well, exactly. I meant 0% is better, obviously all things being equal. I was at 5.9%, and they offered me 1.9% if I gave up $500 of the $3500 rebate.

Whatever the deal is that is offered, you can be sure that the dealership isn't going to lose money. I've noticed that when the Employee Pricing offer is on here, the interest rates appear to go up. Ford and the dealerships are not in business to lose money. :)

Peter
So i leased an F150 for my wife earlier this month. Ford had a $4500 factory rebate and a $750 lease rebate available, in addition to 0% lease financing for up to 4 years and 0% finance purchasing for up to 7 years. This offer was good until June 18.

For giggles, i looked at the offer on June 19. It was now up to a $9500 factory rebate! But low and behold the finance rate was now up to 3.49% as well. So you really just have to do the math on all the angles.

Having said all that, I went from a 2018 Lariat with 5 months of warranty left, to the same Lariat but in a 2020 edition, and ended up with lease payments 300 month lower and the same residual at the end of the lease. So I think I did ok. It seemed too good to be true when I saw the rebate and finance offers on the carcostcanada report.

Back