00 mounty door lock delay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

00 mounty door lock delay

bigcrunch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8
Is there a way to set when the doors will lock speed wise?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean?

no.

I cant stand it when doors lock when I let foot off brake and it rolls 2 inches.

I cant stand it when doors lock when I let foot off brake and it rolls 2 inches.

you can turn the "auto lock" feature OFF, but that's it.

the procedure is outlined in the owner's manual. it's something like putting in your door code and pressing and holding the 7/8 button as i recall. if you don't have an owner's manual i can go read mine. if you don't have key-less entry door buttons, i don't know how you turn it ON/OFF.

here, i found this in the sticky section..

Deactivating/Activating Auto-lock
1. Enter the five 5-digit code.
2. Press and hold 7/8 control.
3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control.
4. Release 7/8 control.
The horn will chirp once if auto-lock was deactivated or twice if auto-lock was activated.

you can still open the door from the inside if its locked anyway... at least in my ride you can..

you can still open the door from the inside if its locked anyway... at least in my ride you can..

yes, but it can be annoying to have them re-lock every time the door is closed and you take your foot off the brake. i have a gate at the end of my driveway and if my passenger gets out to open it, the doors re-lock when i drive through it. then i have to unlock them to let the passenger back it. i live with the auto-locking as it's a good safety feature. on my old Chrysler mini-van they locked at 15 mph.

Back