• Register Today It's free!

@001 explorer Sport Armrest

dolls01

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose ,Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
I have a 2001 Explorer Sport , My center console armrest broke. What would be the best way to remove it?:confused: So I can get another. Mine is Grey in color and am looking to buy one if anyone has 1 for sale. Thank you .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine broke as well where in san jose u at i am in san jose right now visiting my parents i live in so cali.

My parents live in south side of san jose and do u got aim or yahoo

there is a buy on ebay who sells a re-covering kits, and he also sells complete covers...if thats whats wrong

i need a new one and also i need the screws too everything on my center arm rest is completly broken.

And dolls where in san jose u at. I am visitin my parents in the south side of san jose. I am visiting from southern cali from newport beach.

I found a place that sells armrests....

I have a 2000 Explorer XLS but, it has the vinyl armest with the black nylon removable bag (more commonly found on the Explorer Sport Trac.) This website also has a diagram of the console so you can see if it looks like the one you have. I was able to find one for my vehicle (prairie tan), I needed the armrest and the assembly bracket and it cost about $145.00 total (ouch!) but I hear that dealers charge even more? If you want to check it out, heres the info:

www.fastpartsnetwork.com

go to PARTS CATALOG
type in your year, make model, etc
click on CONSOLE
click on CENTER CONSOLE
click on ARMREST ASSY

If you want to view the diagram, follow the above instructions but then
click on:

BRACKET

VIEW ILLUSTRATION (right hand side of screen)

The armrest is number 6 and the bracket is number 7 (in the diagram). I needed both. Just keep in mind you will need to get them in the color of your interior.

You can also try www.forddirectonline.com
under body parts.

Anyway, Good luck!

thnx gsb i should check it out

Back