01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

good luck, cant wait to see the nittos!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let us know if you need any help "via here", if you were close to me I'd be more then happy to come help in person. Good luck with the lift man.

Yeah good luck.

Failed due to a seized cab to frame mounting bolt and a deteriorated bushing

IMG-20111121-00108.jpg

IMG-20111121-00109.jpg

IMG-20111121-00110.jpg

Any advice on this one???

Heat and a big breaker bar. Gonna need to get new bushings.

Might as well replace them all since you're already taking out the bolts, JMO.

Might as well replace them all since you're already taking out the bolts, JMO.

Wish I had. Not looking forward to the day those really need replaced.

Failed due to a seized cab to frame mounting bolt and a deteriorated bushing

Any advice on this one???

The bolts are very tight. I had to use a breaker bar and put a jack handle on that to loosen them. I destroyed one of my bushings while doing my body lift so now I can't even take my truck wheeling until I replace it. I found a set of after market ones but they are for a 2nd gen explorer. I figure they will work and I will just have two extra I don't need. I need to take some measurements first though to be sure.

I found a set of aftermarket daystar ones, trying to do the research to make sure they'll fit but it says 91-01 explorer and mine is an 01 but its a ST.

I found a set of aftermarket daystar ones, trying to do the research to make sure they'll fit but it says 91-01 explorer and mine is an 01 but its a ST.

I'm thinking that daystar kit will work and you will just have two extra sets of bushing that you wont need to use. I looked under a 2nd gen explorer and at least by looking at the body mounts under the cab, they looked identical to whats under the cab of my ST.

Yea i think i'm gonna wing it and order that kit as opposed to buying each individual bushing from ford or lmc. Rather have the extras just in case, the ones i'd like to replace are the main cab, those 6.

Let me know how that works out for you. I really need to change the ones below my cab also but one of them there is no bushing at all and its preventing me from wheeling with my new tires I just got. :mad:

Just found out that the daystar kit is "bushings only" you would have to salvage your metal sleeves. Which in my case may be really hard to do, i thought they were pressed into the rubber bushing? Either way i may wing it at this point, this is holding up my project and i want everything done before the snow comes.

Just found out that the daystar kit is "bushings only" you would have to salvage your metal sleeves. Which in my case may be really hard to do, i thought they were pressed into the rubber bushing? Either way i may wing it at this point, this is holding up my project and i want everything done before the snow comes.

Yes, bushings only. I think the sleeves are pressed together. May need to cut them apart. I don't know exactly what the dealers sell but it sounds like its just bushings also. I wish there was more information out there about this issue.

Got the daystar bushing kit in today. It came with 24 bushings total, uppers and lowers. Looks like they "should" work. Will post up some pics later on. And yea if i have to i'll just cut the sleeves in half and throw them in the new bushings. Will keep everyone posted. Also got some other threads with this info, check out
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292471&page=3

Does anyone know if the bed has body mount bushings?

pretty sure, every bolt has 2 right? upper and lower? 4 in the bed, 6 in the cab, and 2 in the front.?

Nope, the bed sits on the frame.

Thats what i thought. By looking under the truck i cant see any bushings underneath the bed and last time we took the bed off i saw where the bolt came out of and didnt see any bushings. So then that brings the count to 16 bushings total, upper and lowers right? 6 cabs and 2 in the very front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shows what i know, also shows that i didnt put that body lift on my truck lol.

Back