01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

I am looking at buying a 2001 sport Trac and was wondering how much added ground clearance you gain with the torsion lift with say 34" tires, Will ARB air lockers work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 34" tires will net you about an inch and a half. The extra lift will get you a little frame clearance but won't raise the height of the front diff.

They make lockers for the 8.8 solid axle but I'm not sure on the ifs dana 35.

If I do one of the fabtech spindle lifts for my 03 ST would I have to change my rotors aswell or no need?

If I do one of the fabtech spindle lifts for my 03 ST would I have to change my rotors aswell or no need?

Yes, you'll have to get rotors for a Ranger. I would go with a Fabtech if it was me.

Yes, you'll have to get rotors for a Ranger. I would go with a Fabtech if it was me.

Do you have a link so I can order them? The one on the home page sends me to empty page

If I change my rotors to the ranger ones to do the spindle lift would I have to change caliper, pads, brackets, and bearings?

TT/Shackles + 3"BL on 35x12.50-17s. The black ST next to me is on 33x13.50s. The gap really isn't that bad, maybe 2" to the top of the receiver since most hitches have a little room for adjustment.

f413c7a1.jpg

8917-4D7E-A2F1-D48E6DF1D1A0-41847-000027ADB4873C79.jpg

52d8c938.jpg

Can you take a picture of your mounts for your grill guard from after the body lift? I have a body lift and have been unable to get my grill guard back on. Also what is the back spacing on your rims? I am currently running a 3" body lift and 4" superlift kit, and are shopping for wheels and tires. I was looking at 20x10s with either 37/12.50/20 or 35/12.50/20 tires. I need some input on this. I have been told with x10 rim a -4 offset would be good. Online I've come across 0 and -12.

Can you take a picture of your mounts for your grill guard from after the body lift? I have a body lift and have been unable to get my grill guard back on. Also what is the back spacing on your rims? I am currently running a 3" body lift and 4" superlift kit, and are shopping for wheels and tires. I was looking at 20x10s with either 37/12.50/20 or 35/12.50/20 tires. I need some input on this. I have been told with x10 rim a -4 offset would be good. Online I've come across 0 and -12.

I bet with 7" you could squeeze skinny 37s in like I did with the 35s with 5" lift. My wheel specs in those pictures are 17x8.5 with 3.75" BS -19mm offset. With a x10 I wouldn't go much deeper than a -4 maybe a -12. The higher (negative) offset the more trimming you'll have. I'll grab some pictures of the mounts later today for ya.

This is with about 9 or 10" of lift on 35s. My wheel specs are 17x9 with 3.75" BS -19mm offset.

I bet with 7" you could squeeze skinny 37s in like I did with the 35s with 5" lift. My wheel specs in those pictures are 17x8.5 with 3.75" BS -19mm offset. With a x10 I wouldn't go much deeper than a -4 maybe a -12. The higher (negative) offset the more trimming you'll have. I'll grab some pictures of the mounts later today for ya.

This is with about 9 or 10" of lift on 35s. My wheel specs are 17x9 with 3.75" BS -19mm offset.

Got it done. 20x9 -12mm with 35/12.50/20. Now just need to get my grill guard back on. 3" Body and 4" Suspension.

13015179_10154074553413838_6755133650111006807_n.jpg

Can I grab a set of springs from the junk yard for an Add a Leaf? Pull out on from the junkyard set and put it in mine?

You could, but it won't have the same lift and load carrying effect as a true AAL. Plus I doubt you'll be able to really save anything considering thePro Comp AAL is under $40.

Got it done. 20x9 -12mm with 35/12.50/20. Now just need to get my grill guard back on. 3" Body and 4" Suspension.

13015179_10154074553413838_6755133650111006807_n.jpg
Is the 4x2 or 4x4 and where did you get your kits from thanks

And now it's 2024...
Superlift 4" Lift Kit is still available, but the tech said it's not supported for the Sport Trac. and used Ranger 11.25" brakes [confidence factor: Low]

Rough Country 5" Lift Kit specifically states 12.1" brake upgrade (stock size on ST), just wondering how "Rough" it can handle?

Anyone do either of these recently?

Yes

They will both work on a sport trac
The superlift
Knuckles have provisions for the larger brake rotors
The superlift is only sold for a ranger so you will have to soa the rear in a sport trac to
Match the front

The rough country lift is better design drop brackets, stronger
Same deal will work on a trac, if you have job 1 trac with the small front rotors you will have to get the larger rotors as the rc lift only fits the large discs

You will need a double cardan front driveshaft.
We use a rear shaft made for a 95-96 explorer sport and shorten it on a lathe

I like the combo of a 2” body lift and a superlift or rc drop bracket lift. Front will require some torsion twist to match the rear soa. The superlift and rc drop brackets are 3.5” of drop
Spring over rear axle is closer to 5” of lift

When installing the spring perches on top of the rear axle you should keep them as low to the axle tube as possible and consider removing the overload spring, this will help keep the rear lift around 4.5-5” some leaf spring perches are very tall when welded on.

Recently setup a 05 trac w superlift and soa
She sits nicely on 33” tires.

My 03 trac is running a 2” body lift only and I’m running 265 tires, looks great!

All of this is covered in my
“Fun with tracs” thead found in my signature

So, the good news is, either will work.

If you had to do it over again, which would you pick?
For me, if the RC kit is better designed/stronger drop brackets, it sounds like a done deal.

I want to do an "Expedition Pack" (9-11 thinner leaves) on an SOA by flipping the factory brackets with new U-bolts, but that sounds like it will be too tall.
The other option is a 4" lift on the Expedition Pack, but I'd have "junk" hangin' below the axle tubes, and would need to find an option for +4" shocks [Spoiler Alert: Ain't none.]
Edit: I could do a "skid plate" style lower mount to reduce issues.

:dunno: Sway bar delete and use the top hole as the lower mount?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The other option is a 4" lift on the Expedition Pack, but I'd have "junk" hangin' below the axle tubes, and would need to find an option for +4" shocks [Spoiler Alert: Ain't none.]
Plan "C" (after calling Deaver):
4" Lift Expedition Pack in stock location, new U-Bolts, and something like a Bilstein 5160...
:p

Back