01-05 Sport Trac FAQs | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

I'll take the body bushings if they're a complete set, and OEM. Email sent.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK' I'll get that done, I was not aware!!

Does this cost me anything?
THank you very much for the info!! Thats amazing you can tell all that from the VIN! I appreciatI have an extremely early Job 2!!!!

Dan

OK' I'll get that done, I was not aware!!

Does this cost me anything?
THank you very much for the info!! Thats amazing you can tell all that from the VIN! I appreciatI have an extremely early Job 2!!!!

Dan

Theres an older thread on here that talks about what it takes to replace it and if you actually need it replaced or not. (not all of them need to be replaced). Don't quote me on it but if i remember correctly the squared ones don't have to be but the circular ones do.

If you get the notice attached to your VIN on the Ford site then it needs completing. There are two color tops on the switch, red and black. The way to remember which is the defective one ....
If it's red, you're dead.
If it's black, you're okay Jack.

options with 33x12x15 tires

Just need to get a clear answer on running 33x12.5x15 tires on 03 ST 2WD with a 3" BL...

Will a 3" spindle lift be better than TT lift?

Which will be best rim size with a back spacing of 3-5/8 if running the 3" BL and 3" Spindle lift?
(1) 15x10
(2) 15x8

The tires are dune grapplers or mickey thompson ATZ.

Will a 3" spindle lift be better than TT lift?

Yes, no, maybe. It will be more comfortable than a 3" torsion twist. The torsion twist will give a more stiff ride and also eventually settle and lose some height as the torsion pads wear. Spindles will also require smaller rotors. With larger tires, that's not a good thing. Spindles also cost more.

Which will be best rim size with a back spacing of 3-5/8 if running the 3" BL and 3" Spindle lift?

15x8; the tires will be taller and less wide and also keep the tire tucked into the wheel well more, requiring less trimming. The 10" wide wheel would require more cutting as it pushes the tire out further and the tires will be wider but shorter.

The Check Gage light comes on because the oil pressure gauge is reading zero pressure from the sending unit. This usually occurs in cold weather when you first start it after sitting all night - it gets stuck. After about 1-5 minutes of idling or driving the Oil Pressure gauge will suddenly jump to normal pressure and the Check Gage light goes out. Have your dealer replace the "Oil Pressure Sending Unit" to fix.

Ive got this issue, and several others from the list.

Is have a new pressure switch/sender to put on, but not sure where it goes! There's one that looks like it on top of the intake behind the thermkstat, but that seems like a strange place for an oil sensor - is there another one somewhere i'm not seeing?

Curious if anyone has ditched their single core radiator for an after market dual core upgrade? If so what were your sources/options?

Curious if anyone has ditched their single core radiator for an after market dual core upgrade? If so what were your sources/options?

Yeah, there's a guy that put one in a red metallic sport - there should be writeup somewhere here. I think he's "2000StreetRod" and he got it from a regular parts place and it was listed as a heavy-duty option for whatever the very first year for that body style was, but... not sure, so best to search. He does great writeups with pics, so there should be some detailed info.

Edit: middle of 3rd post, 1997 explorer sohc

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258068&highlight=radiator+row

Need assistance

Hi PEOPLE... I'm new here and I need a professional knowledge. I recently buy a sport trac 2001 the truck has 150k miles can I start using synthetic oil and filter?

Welcome to the forum. Valvoline Max Life full synthetic or synthetic blend would work great for you.

Thanks my friend... I appreciate that!!!

2 issues

I recently bought a 2003 spot trac XLS with 69000 miles on it. Im having two issues 1st is the previous owner swapped out the fuel pump and now the fuel gage is stuck at 1/2 tank. The 2nd issue is strange to me but it seems my truck doesn't have the typical 4.0 thermostat it has one that fits a V8 model and of course since ford decided to use plastic it is leaking at the thermostat and the rectangular box it and the coolant sensor attach to. is this a common problem and what vehicle do I reference to when trying to get replacement parts? truck was built January of 2003. thanks in advance for any help!

Sorry, can't help with your fuel gauge, although it sounds like a float or sender issue.

Lower thermostat housing failure is very common. Usually splits at the welded seams.

http://bengrosser.com/howto/fordthermostat/

New guy here. Looking to buy 2005 Sport Trac. Figured this would be the place to come with questions. What are the known issues with this particular model? It's a 4x4 with ~150,000 miles on the clock. I understand the 05 was a big improvement over previous models, but how reliable can I expect it to be? It will be a daily driver with probably zero off road time to speak of. I'm kind of a fanatic about regular maintenance too.

4x4 computer module behind passenger kick plate

Have no 4x4 looking behind pass kick plate, does this one have to be programmed?

Does anyone know how many years will fit a 2001 ford explorer sport trac 4.0 sohc a direct interchange?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a 2003 Sport Trac. Air blows through vents and then quits and starts back blowing. Keeps repeating this process. Anyone knows what the problem may be?

Back