01 4.0l v6 explorer intake manifold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 4.0l v6 explorer intake manifold

Platan069

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer 4.0l v6
I really need some help here pls. Can anyone help me out with the intake manifold diagram, because I have a vacuum line coming off the intake manifold that I don't remember taking off but I changed valve cover, intake manifold, and egr pipe gaskets and now it run really really rough and I cannot find a spot where that vacuum hose goes connected to. Please help I'm at a complete loss and cannot find any diagram on the web of my vehicle. Thank you very much ahead time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sohc or ohv? Also scroll up before clicking on this thread you made, there is a post about intake plenum

No it does not look like that. I have the 4.0l I figured out where that vacuum line goes but it's still running extremely rough and now I have to go get wires because one of them were broken

I don't understand the difference, either. What is/was the "Job One" motor?

Also forgot to say before it's the 4.0l, v6, 4dr, 4x4 4wd. Toms next step is replacing
Intake manifold gasket then continue the process of elemination. Continued feed back will be extremely helpful. Thanks let me now if u can think of anything.

Good information.
That June 2000 changeover date must vary by model? My 2-door, 2WD is May 2000 yet has the plastic intake...

Mine is an 05/01 and has the plastic intake manifold. I thinks it's the intake gaskets as of now, I changed them butt the new ones are like a quarter of the thickness of the factory ones

I also forgot to ask if anyone would have any ideas on where to start to figure out why my 4x4 does not work, lights don't come on or anything? I checked all fuses, I checked to make sure power and ground at switch, and checked to make sure it was sending signal out when buttons are pressed but the signal it sends out when u press any button is very weak signal.

Back