01 5.0 CEL after fuel pump replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 5.0 CEL after fuel pump replacement

Ford94sho

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT 5.0 2wd
Wanted to get some thoughts for everyone. Had the fuel pump replaced after it died, initially no issues. 5-600 miles in, started starting hard, have to cycle to key off a time or 2. CEL popped on with a P0171. Best I can find is a lean condition on bank 1, so I checked the pressure at the rail, holding 47-48 at idle. Pretty irritated after getting home and finding they stuck autozones house brand in after I made it very clear I wanted a Delphi put it at a minimum, as the oe was like 3-4 weeks out. Other than that it runs ok though. Take it back and make them yank it back out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Absolutely. This is not your problem to fix. They wanna use **** parts, they can drop your tank again.

Yes have them replace it, but if they did not replace the fuel filter and it's the original or still very old or there was sediment in the tank, that's something else to look at.

What was the part # on the Autozone house brand pump? Looking at Autozone's site, they show they have the Delphi in stock at my local AZ, but they don't show any Duralast offerings which is usually what they call their house brand, only other one stocked local to me is a PFS brand.

They installed the Spectra D2296H, which the store here in NC says is their “house brand”, since they dont have the entire assembly under they Duralast brand. They did install a new filter as well.

So what was their response to not putting in a Delphi or better as you requested?

So what was their response to not putting in a Delphi or better as you requested?
Honestly I just started digging into all of this Sunday. Ive had to take a few days to cool off, so my temper doesn’t get the best of me in their office🤣

Back