01' black XLS, manual trans, on 31" x10.5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01' black XLS, manual trans, on 31" x10.5

2001BlackXLS

Reaction score
City, State
I live on South Hill in Puyallup, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
Black 01' XLS on 31" BFG.
Hello everyone, my name is Jason... I've owned my explorer for 2 years now, well almost 2 1/2 years. Anyway, I've manage to scrape enough cash together to do a few modifications, those being 5% limo tint all the way around, 31" BFgoodrich mud terrains wrapped around a nice 15"x 8 rim... yeah I had to cut some of the plastic away on the inside of the wheel well in front... Infinity Kappa series co-ax speakers in stock location with 2- 12" infinity kappa sub woofers, powered by rockford and alpine amps. Sylvania Blue hallogen lights, Alpine prox...alarm, K&N air filter, flowmaster cat back exhaust, but now I'm ready to start with the larger mods... and would like some help deciding what I should get.... first things first I need some elevation.. I was thinking of super lifts, 4" lift, but was detered by the price of it. Also this being a manual transmission, any recomendations on a sturdy clutch kit? And finaly since Im working with the 4.0 V6 what else can I do for performance besides what Ive done... that being exhaust and intake?

oh what I wouldn't do to have a manual transmission in mine....and maybe a small diesel engine

Yeah, I feel pretty lucky owning a stick... curious though.. any ideas on modifictations that would make even more capable offroad? However the sport trac, is a nice vehicle.. I too am sad, it wasn't/ hasn't been issued with a manuel trans... though rumor is it will have the 4.6L V8 in future models... thats a plus... I personaly prefer the wagon style myself... the pick-up is a really nice looking rig... Im just habitual and dont adjust to change well. lol.. the new club cab mini pick-up fad is practicle, but I fear my dogs prefer to ride in the back of the wagon, sheltered from the elements. Washington state is known for its rain. Anyway, thankyou for your reply.. and if you have a photo of your sport-trac please send it to me..

Back