01 Chevy Venture problems....

SwaintaN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Carey, Ohio (Georgia Grown)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
so does anyone know a forum for the ventures or own one?!

Wife has a van and it has been nothing but problems. Well still having a overheatish issue. Before it replacements; it would get to the halfway mark and then above but never in red when ever its hot out and you city drive or stop. Highway driving and/or cold out it never hits halfway mark.

Did thermostat and gasket and did a thermostat sensor, still having the issue. fans dont kick on till right before in the red on temperature gauge.. smells like its over heating all the time when it does this...

any input?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been looking for the same I have an 04 LS lwb. Have you had the head gasket checked. I would recommend hard wiring the fan for the time being. My problem is the rear is making a thud over bumps and jerking sideways if the bump is on a curve or turn. I'll keep you updated if I find one or if you beat me to it let me know.

Yea I'm going to start with the shocks cheap enough. With the lack of forum help for these ventures I just don't want to start throwing parts at it with no results.

Swap out that tstat one more time its worth a shot. I installed a brand new faulty one from auto zone 2 weeks ago on my buddies ranger exact same problems. Its worth a shot. Also have you done a flush

no flush this is what ive had to do since we owned it..

-Brand New Lower Intake
-Lower/Upper Intake Gaskets Sets
-Dr/Ps Quick Struts
-Front Brakes x2
-Rear Brakes x1
-Seal Back Door
-Dr/Ps Hubs x 2
-Dr Half Shaft Axle x2
-Tstat
-fuel filter

Shes only had it since feb of 2009

All oil changes have been done on a regular basses being a M1 Full Syn w/ M1/Bosch Filters

Im thinking when Lance goes to do the lower intake gasket for the 2nd time im going to do tstat again but i think im gonna try to line up the physical size of the tstat to another one with a lower degree instead of the 195 would like to get a 175 in it or at least 185

3.1L or 3.4L, head gaskets are very common!

no flush this is what ive had to do since we owned it..

-Brand New Lower Intake
-Lower/Upper Intake Gaskets Sets
-Dr/Ps Quick Struts
-Front Brakes x2
-Rear Brakes x1
-Seal Back Door
-Dr/Ps Hubs x 2
-Dr Half Shaft Axle x2
-Tstat
-fuel filter

Shes only had it since feb of 2009

All oil changes have been done on a regular basses being a M1 Full Syn w/ M1/Bosch Filters

Im thinking when Lance goes to do the lower intake gasket for the 2nd time im going to do tstat again but i think im gonna try to line up the physical size of the tstat to another one with a lower degree instead of the 195 would like to get a 175 in it or at least 185
I've had mine only 6 months, your scaring me. You should consider that flush. If you have a clog and only the fan is cooling that might be it. I think mine must have a lower temp tstat it has never reached the middle of the gauge. Stops right on the line before it.

Didnt know this till it happened to me that Chevy and GM have over 12k complaints against 99-08 Chevy GM models using ps3 and pk3+ systems... they FAIL.. and i mean FAIL... they dont do anything about it they dont know how to fix it either.. so yeah mine caught fire.. trying to fix but its a lost cause im afraid.

there was a class action suit against GM (Missouri) because of the red (Dexcool) antifreeze eating up the engine gaskets.
however, from the info I can (& can't) gather, GM was let out of the suit in backdoor dealings during the bailout. congress winked & allowed them to get the bailout & not have to pay what would have been 100's of million$ to owners who had to replace intake manifold gaskets and/or headgaskets. I think the amount was around $680 per instance of repairs.
thank your congressmen/president :salute:

Back