01 Ford Explorer No Rear Brakes Or Turn Signals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 Ford Explorer No Rear Brakes Or Turn Signals

rjs2180

Reaction score
Please help!!! I have a 01 Ford explorer sport that the third brake light works and the tail lamps work but the Left & Right brake lights and turns signals in the rear due not work, front work fine. I checked the rear bulbs (rear lamps, brake lamps, and turn signal same bulb) and they were good. the frt turn signals flash fast like the bulbs in the rear are bad but i cheked them and they were fine please help me!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please help!!! I have a 01 Ford explorer sport that the third brake light works and the tail lamps work but the Left & Right brake lights and turns signals in the rear do not work, front work fine. I checked the rear bulbs (rear lamps, brake lamps, and turn signal same bulb) and they were good. the frt turn signals flash fast like the bulbs in the rear are bad but i cheked them and they were fine please help me!!!!!

Welcome to Explorer Forum! It could be a bad connection?

I would check the fuses (fuse diagrams in your owners manuel) and then just replace the necassary fuses and bulbs anyways. You cant always tell by just looking at them. Start cheap.

it was just the switch for the turn signals when i tilted the wheel they came on. I removed the cover from the steering column and cut the tape the held the wires in place pushed the wires tight into pig tail and left it loose works great

it was just the switch for the turn signals when i tilted the wheel they came on. I removed the cover from the steering column and cut the tape the held the wires in place pushed the wires tight into pig tail and left it loose works great

Back