01 Ford Ranger Edge Flashing Airbag Light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 Ford Ranger Edge Flashing Airbag Light

luckyirishkid

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Hello,
I have a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge and my airbag light comes on and then blinks 4 times then pauses, then blinks 7 times then pauses, then it blinks 4 more times. I think it does that pattern maybe 2 or 3 times before it just stays on... it started this a few days ago.

Does anybody know what this means?

Thanks,
Dan
:usa:

Hey sorry guys but I did some research on the forum and figured out it was cleaning the yellow cable under the passenger seat. ive done this before but it was always under the drivers seat..

I battled this for many years. About every 6 months I got the flashing. I would clean the connector under the driver's seat and it would be good for another 6 months. The last time it happened, cleaning would not solve the problem. I finally found a broken wire to the connector. I got out my soldering iron and fixed it. Problem solved and the flashing light has not returned for more than a year. That wire may have been bad for a long time and hanging on by one or two wires causing the resistance to be too high.

Back