01 Leather Seats w/ all the extras work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 Leather Seats w/ all the extras work?

DanaM

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport 4WD
Greetings to all,

I have plain cloth seats in my 01 EX Sport. I located a set of front and rear leather seats out of another 01 EX Sport. The leather ones have all the bells and whistles.

Question, how hard would it be for me to use some of the features if I purchase the leather seats? I assume the heated seats options will not be able to be utilized but I am thinking some of the other options like the power recline and such cold be wired to work. The set is going to cost me $250 dollars plus a three hour drive. Thoughts on the price?

Thx!

D a n a

On the price? Dunno. On the level of difficulty, similar to a cakewalk. If you know how to wire, solder, turn a wrench, and understand the importance of fuses in an electrical system then you're there. For the power functions as long as you get the track and motors and all then you need to run some fairly heavy gauge wire from fused power under the floormat/carpet, bring it out under the seat, and connect it. For the heated seat, that's different. I'm not sure what monitors or controls it in this vehicle. Might not be possible.

On the price? Dunno. On the level of difficulty, similar to a cakewalk. If you know how to wire, solder, turn a wrench, and understand the importance of fuses in an electrical system then you're there. For the power functions as long as you get the track and motors and all then you need to run some fairly heavy gauge wire from fused power under the floormat/carpet, bring it out under the seat, and connect it. For the heated seat, that's different. I'm not sure what monitors or controls it in this vehicle. Might not be possible.

I think I can do that sir!

Thx!

D a n a

Back