• Register Today It's free!

01 lowering kit?????

adwiseheart

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 v6 sport 5 speed
i need help!! im new to this site and i need help looking for aproximatly 2.5-3 in. drop for my 01 explorer, not a cheap ass ebay kit though. high quality but at a reasonable price.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i lowered mine by just taking the keys out and grinding a round shape into the backside and then installed them back in upside down, just have to make sure and grind enough to make it fit the key bushing right.
have you tried just taking the torsion adjuster bolt out? that may give you the drop your looking for.

^^^^^ agreed... back out the torsion bars and get lowering blocks for the rear leaf springs...that will drop your truck nice... or you can check out Qa1.thomasnet.com and save up to buy a set of their shocks and coil spring combos that will allow you to completely remove the torsion bars up from to achieve the drop yo want. As far as the back, using blocks will make that ride rough so if u can, get a 4-link suspension conversion because those rear leaf springs die quickly

where can i find a 4 link suspension

so far as i know there is not a bolt on 4 link for the sport trac....
you can find several different weld on 4 link's at www.illusivefabrications.com , Brian is very helpful and can answer any of your ?'s

i took the torsion bar adj. bolts out all the way and put blocks in the rear and the ride has not changed a bit. not any softer or rougher.

back when mine was just static dropped, that is how i did it i took the torsion adjuster bolts out and put a 3" block in the rear, then later i flipped the keys and took the overload leaf out in the rear. still rode about the same. It cornered a lot better, but i had to take the bumpstops out front and rear...

Back