• Register Today It's free!

01 SAS Green Goblin pics!!

BlakeGordon

Reaction score
City, State
Tarpon springs FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT
Just about finished my SAS on my 2nd gen a few months ago.. Still have tons of parts waiting to go on but heres how it sits for now.. enjoy

Dana44 hp
fullsize 8.8
4:88 gears locked rear
37/12.50/16 creepy crawlers

432AB8A0-BBAD-4EE7-86CF-B87F994EF014-3544-000002354C43D32E_zpsfe8a3eee.jpg

D137B414-A9B8-43DE-BB8E-C4C0ACFC5A81-3544-000002355B56F6E9_zps6975308c.jpg

983506BC-1992-4C2B-8F10-0E26BA425C1D-2424-0000014181DC5690_zps30c6c76e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet looking rig! Jealousy written all over my face right now. Is this fresh out of the garage? How does it handle road wise, and plans to take it out soon?? :)

Yeah it was finished recently.. prob have anouther $1500 in parts sitting in my room.. Just have it to get to work now. it rides like a dream soooo happy to have all the ifs crap out of there. :thumbsup:

No kidding! I am hoping once I move out to Montana, I will be able to work on my SAS. Gramps has a shop with all the tools i could dream of for fabrication. Now i just need to learn how to use the welding machines and I might be able to get mine started.

This is some mad eye candy! What are the remaning plans you have (regarding the misc items you in your room)? If you don't mind me asking

montana is awesome man... i have all new steering with heims that brown santa (ups guy) brought today and 2'' .250 wall DOM for my radius arms with heim joints. locker and gears for front. and FOA 2.5 resi shocks. i cant stop ordering ****... im addicted

Scored a bw1354 for $80 bucks last weekend to..

LMAO!! I hate that part, once you start, you can't just simply stop.. I assume those are the "upgraded" parts for what is already on there?

yup.. wanted to get everything under the truck and upgrade from there

Can you post any more info on what parts you used? I'm bout to undertake this soon and all the info helps. How long did it take? Price (if you don't mind)? Any obstacles, things that needed to be changed from your original plan? Measurements? Etc. lol

79 BRONCO dana 44 hp. 6'' superflex coil springs. stock radius arms for now but new ones this comming weekend. 37'' maxxis creepy crawlers.
fullsize 8.8 rear yukon RP 4:88 ratio. heim and dom steering is going in today so ill get updated pics.

without the tires id say i spent $1500

I got the axles in pretty bad shape for $300 and built them in my garage for a while.. I pretty much went into this swap blind and learned a lot as I went so the truck was down for a while. did it all myself in my driveway not to bad for 20 years old haha.. the new engineering job helped quit a bit on $$

That's how I am. 19 years old and in college. Never done anything like this before. But I pretty much have everything figured out except steering. I have a shop with welders and torches and all kinds of tools so that's a plus.

I also just notice a green air hose on the front..Is that for anything "specific"? :)

EDIT: and a hose for the rear...air lock front and rear??

yeah dude steering was a pain in the ass.. i have it working flawless now tho.. im super stoked with how the truck came out

those are flex hoses for an air compressor that i thought would work pretty well for the breather lines on the axles. no not air lockers... im not that cool yet.. haha

Thanks buddy! its getting there.. still a ways to go

great looking Explorer. can't wait for action pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

action pics soon to come

Back