'01 X Sport SOHC Tranny Swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'01 X Sport SOHC Tranny Swap

Hey, I recently changed my plans on my V8 conversion and just bought a bbrand new 2001 Explorer Sport, auto with the 4.0 SOHC, I am going to get the Explorer Express supercharger when it comes out, but right now I really want to swap out the auto tranny, I was wondering what manual tranny, etc. etc. would be the best for this application, my cost limit is about 5k. Thanks alot!

-Matt

the sport was available with the manual. why didnt you get one with the manual? if the dealer told you it wasnt available on the sohc then he was blowing smoke up your you know what and wanted to sell you the one he had on the lot. this is the first year that the ohv wasnt available so they had to make a manual for the sohc which i understand is better than the ol mazda. ummm maybe i could use that one for my replacement tranny?

Take it back and get the manual. Why buy an auto and then, put in a manual. I'm not sure I understand the reason behind that. As of right now, there isn't a SC for the SOHC currently. If I remember correctly it was supposed to have come out last yr though.

Back