City, State
Norway, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 explorer
I recently just built this bumper for my rig,
what do you guys think?

18194929_427018657684041_5449366545108230869_n.jpg
18194603_427018627684044_6731742138726344007_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. What are your plans for the openings?

that bumper will handle the zombies when they attack !

I designed it with autodesk, and had it cut out on a CNC plasma.

Id consider becoming a vendor on this forum if any one is interested in building one for their rig.

This is 3/16" (it can be whatever)
21 pieces total
I could fabricate it completely, partial fabrication, or ship the pieces in a DIY type kit. Cost would vary.

With the pieces being cut out this way, you can tack the entire bumper together in less than an hour.

I designed it with autodesk, and had it cut out on a CNC plasma.

Id consider becoming a vendor on this forum if any one is interested in building one for their rig.
How much would you want for that? I've got family in Michigan, so maybe I can pick it up in person instead of freighting...

Edit: ...just looked up where Norway, MI is. Nowhere near my family.... or anything in MI, for that matter, lol.

Individual pieces - $350 + shipping
Partialy fabbed (as in 3 large pieces - $425 + shipping
Fully fabbed - $500 + shipping

Ive done custom work in the past, like having a name cut into it, different lights, or symbols even. (ASK)

Individual pieces - $350 + shipping
Partialy fabbed (as in 3 large pieces - $425 + shipping
Fully fabbed - $500 + shipping

Ive done custom work in the past, like having a name cut into it, different lights, or symbols even. (ASK)
that's actually really reasonable... What's the mounting situation like? Can you post up some pictures of how it mounts to the frame rails?

I like, would like to see how it mounts to frame. Also would you be able to use a winch with it.

Mztluhcs, did you contact Rick yet?

Mztluhcs, did you contact Rick yet?
Not yet, I'll buy the subscription as soon as someone asks for an order.

I used 1/4" flat bar to mount it. I ran a 4-5 ft section across the front frame rails to replace the stock bumper. I cut two shorter pieces to extend from the bumper to the ends of the 4-5 ft piece. Had a friend hold it in place with a jack, and tacked it together. After that I took the bumper off and just added reinforcements every 8 inches or so. I hit a deer the same day I put it on... works great.

I would need dimensions, but I'm sure I could include pieces for a winch.

Ill try to put up pictures later today.

I already talked to Rick... I understand I have to become a vendor to sell anything...

All is good. He did contact me about testing the waters to see if there was interest in the product.

Perfect, carry on!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you've got some meesages in your inbox

Back