02 explorer crankshaft remover damper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 explorer crankshaft remover damper

Patman56

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xls
i am attemting to remove the crankshaft pulley (ive also seen it called harmonic balancer) on a 4.0L 02 explorer and i guess there is a special tool (crankshaft remover, or damper ) i've does anyone know how i can obtain this??? HELP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am attemting to remove the crankshaft pulley (ive also seen it called harmonic balancer) on a 4.0L 02 explorer and i guess there is a special tool (crankshaft remover, or damper ) i've does anyone know how i can obtain this??? HELP!

www.fordspecialtools.com

you may need the tool number, or you can call the number and they will find it from your model. The prices aren't bad there.

welcome aboard

thx, Hey btw, i need to remove the timing chain cover to see whats causing a rattle in there.. i'm assuming i need this special crankshaft remover tool, but does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to remove the crankshaft pulley without this tool..tried a universal puller, didnt work...

Back