02 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another 2001-2002 sporter wanting to drop their ride... join the club man, they havent made one yet and the only person that dropped their 2001 sport themselves is naplesbill and damn it looks tight as hell. I am just wondering... You ever use your 4wd high or 4wd low down there in texas?

haha na man im not into that 4wd. Most people down here are though, just not me, mine is a 2wd so im ready to drop mine as soon as possible, and get some new tails.

tails man? another thing that we will have to wait for..... damn body change. they are making all the crap for the sport trac and not for us... personally i think the sport tracs are a pretty bad waste of money.... Want a pick up? what the hell can you fit in that bed?

That is what i was thinking, everytime i see something i see explore sport i get all excited yea tails! then i see the trac. and i think man that sucks same then when i see them on the road i get mad. of course i look around and see drops for explorers from 98-02 and it says right next to it (will not fit explorer sports). Makes me mad. Then you see tails that say 98-01 explorer sport. How much better could it get? I also agree nothing can fit in the bed of the truck except maybe a, well i cant think of anything but still. MAKE SOMETHING FOR 2002 EXPLORER SPORTS

Ummm suspension-wise what is different between 01 or 02 sport and a 01 or 02 sport trac?

I thought they were the same...Leaf springs in the rear and torsion bars in the front

i thought they were totally different because of the length of the sport trac

from what i have been hearing there is a difference i dont know all that much about suspension but i called one place (that could be my problem) and they said the suspension was different on the two explorers monday im going around looking for some drop kits. Finding out model numbers and all that good stuff because i have a friend who has his own business and can get stuff wholesale... Also between the leaf springs you can basically sat that about all explorers, so i dont think it would fit any model. And the torsion bars will only drop it so much... Im going for either a 3/2 or a 4/3 seeing how for some reason the front is higher than the back.

How does this look to you?

Dead Link Removed

that looks great i need to find parts for it though... thats my only problem, i really like the drop you have on it, if you could could you tell me where you got it and what you have to drop it... leaf springs, block kit etc.

Bill i was just wondering what tint you have on your windows... and kings i was wondering if you could take a picture of your ride from the side so i can see what the 35% and 5% looks on the windows (im thinking about doing the same) and do you have your rear tinted 5%?

I currently have 20% on all the windows. I am getting the back 4 redone with 5%. The front doors are going to be 15%.

Is that legal down in FLA Bill? :)

sure ill take it with the tint infact ill go do it right now... wow 15% tint on the front... i can barly see out of the 5% in the back at night it is really bad i like the 35% on the side, but i would like it darker. 15% would be good, but too illegal here

btw naples could you get me that info on where you got the drop and what you used

Yeah i heard in pa if it is even 30% they make you get it off the next possible day(for front windows) They made my friend get it taken off then come to the police station the next day for the cop to check it out (including his green headlights which is what they pulled him over for first)

hey road... i went and took some picutes but since its dark it wouldnt come out very well... ill take some tomorrow when i get home and put them on my site check back or ill find you somewhere in the message board and show you what its like

Sounds good to me man, thank you very much.

20% is legal so I don't think the 15% will be a problem. I am not sure about the rear windows but judging by all the tinted cars I see around here, including police cars, I don't think they will hassle me.

20% legal? damn you guys suck!! im jealous :( damn pa allways has ro have stricker rules for everything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

20 thats unbelieveable ours is 35% but im sure you have 5% there is some website that says what % tint you can have i forgot the name

Back