02 Limited Driver Door Weather Stripping | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Limited Driver Door Weather Stripping

hosmer79

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited
Can anyone help me find a suitable replacement for my driver's door weather stripping rather than the dealer's $145. (frame) and $75 (door) options. How can no one sell and aftermarket weather stripping for this model? I'm getting a leak right where the plastic upright meets the ceiling fabric. Seals look ok but must be coming from there as I have no moonroof, and my windshield looks alright. I may very well get the windshield replaced just to make sure and I've also tried to just add some weather stripping along the top edge of the body's door frame with no luck. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hos

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try fordparts.com or tousleyfordparts.com.

no one aftermarket make anything because there is no demand.

>>>>>>>>>
Can anyone help me find a suitable replacement for my driver's door weather stripping rather than the dealer's $145. (frame) and $75 (door) options. Hos
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Try calling a junk yard for a good replacement weather strip, if they have one.

Thanks! I finally did find a junk yard that had both seals and a reasonable price of $20 each plus shipping. Hopefully they show up in good condition and fix the leak. The Tousely site seems to have them too and for less than the dealer. Are they new or used parts though? Assuming they're new much better price ($90 & $45) than the dealer! Thanks guys.

>>>>>>>>>>
Thanks! I finally did find a junk yard that had both seals and a reasonable price of $20 each plus shipping. Hopefully they show up in good condition and fix the leak. The Tousely site seems to have them too and for less than the dealer. Are they new or used parts though? Assuming they're new much better price ($90 & $45) than the dealer! Thanks guys.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Glad you found the seals you were looking for and for much less money. I don't know anything about the Tousely site, but what the dealerships charge for parts is outrageous these days. Their labor rates are even worse $120-$150 per hour is nuts!

Tousley Ford is a dealership that only sells new or reman. parts.

Back