• Register Today It's free!

02 mountaineer brush guard help

Kmeiersks

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mercury mountaineer
Hello gentlemen and maybe ladies. I require your assistance. I've searched every corner of the Internet for a full wraparound brush guard for my 02 mercury mountaineer 4.6 and all I can find are the little bull bars that look like a fat lower lip. So I'm wondering if a brush guard from an 02 explorer could be used as a substitute. The websites don't list one for my car but I've never trusted them enough. Thats why I'm here. Any help is appreciated
-kyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would check to see if both the explorer and the mountaineer have the same dimensions from frame to frame. If so, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. They should be identical

The frame is the same, but the bumper covers are not. The Explorers have cutouts for the brush guard to go through, but the Mountaineer doesn't. If you don't mind hacking up the bumper cover then it would work. Also it would look a little off since they have different headlight housings, and the brushguards are designed to follow the lines of the Explorers headlights, and not the Mountaineers.

The blue arrows point to the cutouts that can be removed to install the brushguard on the Explorers
2002ExplorerFrontEndMarkUp.jpg

The Mountaineers don't have them.
1018._CB192201956_.jpg

I own a 20002 Mercury Mountaineer 4.6 V8 AWD. Drive Shaft off due to noise and is now Rwd. Transmission has been rebuilt, Engine has been rebuilt. I dont want to sell because i feel i am invested. Also i dont want a new car new payment car. Well any how went to change spark-plugs, and spark-plug in cylinder 4 is not catching thread......took to a mechanic shop and discovered that cylinder has an insert already inside...... in order to fix intake manifold and other parts must be disassembled to fix issue. Are there any other alternates to fixing this with out coughing up so much bread.....
I researched a Cal-Van kit that looks very credible, but how do i get the previous insert out without dealing more damage to heads....

Back