'02 Ranger EDGE Brake Rotor and Drum Part Numbers | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

'02 Ranger EDGE Brake Rotor and Drum Part Numbers

ptf18

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
Need to replace the Front Brake Rotors and Rear Brake Drums with MOTORCRAFT parts. I've been 'net searching for the correct p/n's which has led me to a state of confusion. Here's what I have:

2002 Ranger EDGE. Extended Cab, Flex-Fuel V6, 2 WD, TORSION BAR Front End, 15" wheel/tires

It has 10" REAR DRUMs (I measured them and the drum is stamped with Max ID of 10.xxx"). I "think" the correct M/C p/n is..... BRD55 (Ford # YL2Z1V126AB).

The Front Rotors have a diameter of 900mm or 11.2727" (11.3") (I measured the circumference and came up with the diameter) and are 5 stud. This is a Wheel Bearing Hub and Rotor unit with tapered roller bearings. NOT just a Rotor Disc as is on the 4WD Rangers.

I "think" the correct M/C p/n is...... BRR298 (Ford # YL2Z1V102CC)

Can anyone educate me on the correct numbers?

Thanks

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4
Need to replace the Front Brake Rotors and Rear Brake Drums with MOTORCRAFT parts. I've been 'net searching for the correct p/n's which has led me to a state of confusion. Here's what I have:

2002 Ranger EDGE. Extended Cab, Flex-Fuel V6, 2 WD, TORSION BAR Front End, 15" wheel/tires

It has 10" REAR DRUMs (I measured them and the drum is stamped with Max ID of 10.xxx"). I "think" the correct M/C p/n is..... BRD55 (Ford # YL2Z1V126AB).

The Front Rotors have a diameter of 900mm or 11.2727" (11.3") (I measured the circumference and came up with the diameter) and are 5 stud. This is a Wheel Bearing Hub and Rotor unit with tapered roller bearings. NOT just a Rotor Disc as is on the 4WD Rangers.

I "think" the correct M/C p/n is...... BRR298 (Ford # YL2Z1V102CC)

Can anyone educate me on the correct numbers?

Thanks
bump for OP