02 roush x | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 roush x

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't know they made Roush Explorers. Cool find.

-Drew

I think they need to put a few more "Roush" emblems on it haha

Not all that impressive though mod wise...

I like the XP8 quite abit better :D

its BS.

ExplorerDMB said:
I didn't know they made Roush Explorers.

-Drew

Its because they dont. lol

Maaaaaan, whoever won that bid just got totally f*cked over! Hehe. Close to $25k for an 02 Explorer with 37000 miles!!!!!! OH MAN!!!

I think if I ever sold my Explorer I will market it as an SVT model and set the reserve at $45k. There has to be someone dumb enough to buy it. At least mine would be deserving of the SVT name, unlike that "Roush" that just had emblems, embroidery and nothing else. lol

C'mon guys, we all know that stickers and emblems are what makes cars go faster!!!

i like this part:
the seller said:
The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein

A fool and his/her cash seem to gravitate to ebay. Iside from the fact it was bullshat, the truck looked good I thought.

mnealuf said:
A fool and his/her cash seem to gravitate to ebay. Iside from the fact it was bullshat, the truck looked good I thought.

Your right, but it looked $17k good not $25k good. lol.

I have a "cobra" BII for sale, $50K.
VERY RARE, in fact it is the only one.

someone went to a lot of trouble to fake it, if indeed it is. You guys find it completely unbelieveable that Jack Roush would do a lil sticker work to an explorer and sell it for 45 grand? I mean , it worked for the XP8, altho not very well. I never saw an XP8 with many mods on it (besides all visual items) I only found exhaust cat back and an intake as performance mods. At least this one has headers.

XP8 also had brake, suspension and visual mods I believe.

There is a chance that this could have been a Roush test build. I remember seeing an '02 or '03 Roush Expedition a couple of years ago (Roush factory car with Manufacturer plate).

well somebody needs to just call up Jack and and see what he says...

FordLover said:
someone went to a lot of trouble to fake it, if indeed it is. You guys find it completely unbelieveable that Jack Roush would do a lil sticker work to an explorer and sell it for 45 grand? I mean , it worked for the XP8, altho not very well. I never saw an XP8 with many mods on it (besides all visual items) I only found exhaust cat back and an intake as performance mods. At least this one has headers.

With as few, and minor mods as that vehicle has I would highly doubt Roush would put something out like that. A body kit of some sort would have been in order....minimum..... It has all the telltale signs of a fake. From the way the ad is worded to the extent and type of mods done.

Well, Carfax doesn't recogninze the VIN :confused:

It does look rather bland for a Roush; no body kit, no suspension, no brakes

Well, somebody on another site contacted the winning bidder. Apparently the winning bidder contacted Roush to verify the authenticity and was told it was a fake and that they never made a Roush Explorer. The seller gave the guy his deposit back.

NaplesBill said:
Well, somebody on another site contacted the winning bidder. Apparently the winning bidder contacted Roush to verify the authenticity and was told it was a fake and that they never made a Roush Explorer. The seller gave the guy his deposit back.

Wouldn't that be something the bidder should do BEFORE bidding? hehehe.

It does look like a nice truck, but not a Roush truck.

I think it should be removed from Ebay personally, they state from the research we have done this is the only Explorer converted by Rousch.

Thats a bunch of hooey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the gauges are pretty sweet, i havent seen any that are red white and blue like that

Back