02 sport black housing and clear corner/reflectors installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 sport black housing and clear corner/reflectors installed

just thought id share with you guys my headlight and corner lens install it took me about 10 minutes. All you do is pull the 2 steel tabs on top of the headlight up, this will release the plastic pieces on the back of the headlight then just wiggle it out. The corner lenses have only one phillips screw on the top of them and they just pull out. When putting them back in just align the holes and push! really easy the easiest i think ive ever heard of :| anyways some pictures:

8.jpg

11.jpg

i ordered these off ebay from sabersports, recieved them in like 2 days :eek:, i noticed my corner bulbs were almost clear from the yellow flaking off!!!! this will get you at the least pulled over when you turn left and shine your clear bulbs at a cop. ireplaced mine with some sylvania amber bulbs that are a pearl color when not lit you can clearly see them in the corner lens looks very nice!:D

See more pictures of the before and after....in the before and after section!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look good on there!

yea

i think so i wasnt sure how they were gonna look but i really like them
got a very sleek appearance

looks real good.. my yellow was flaking off my bulbs also last week so i replaced em.. i am considering getting these lights for my sport trac.. how is the light output at night? ive got hid's and was just curious how they perform before i bought them. thanks

output

dont believe the light output has changed versus stock, the area behind the bulb is still reflective its the rest of the housint that has changed, i suppose that the turn signal has reduced light output but i dont think you will notice it. i am considering going with a hi-low hid kit in the near future. i suppose one could worry that the paint on the housing gets too hot and flakes off which ive seen on some of those cheap @$$ honda headlights. But the headlights are vented so mby that wont be a problem.

thanks for the info.. im gonna save up for a set

looks nice and i like the mono what color gold is that

color

its the factory gold color, with crystal pearl added to the paint so its really glittery, if there wasnt so much metal flake in the paint it would show through more. I didnt want to change the color too much and have to pay to paint the door jambs, under the hood, and the rear deck lid...wasnt quite worth it to me...

Back