• Register Today It's free!

02 Sport Body Mount Bushing Kit

Steve Hearn

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport
I just found out my 02 2wd 5spd has total lost rear body mount bushings.

I have searched everywhere and no one except Ford and Carquest has any thing at all.

Ford wants arount 2,000$ for the complete kit and Carquest shows 77$ for each but nothing specific.

Any other truck/car is around 140$ for a complete kit..

Help...cant drive this thing any longer.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can swap in earlier model bushings if you can find them in good shape. A 98-00 sport or 4dr will work. Any older truck and you'll typically find they are pretty rusty. They don't deteriorate like the yellow foam ones do either.

It is hard to believe that the parts house sell up to a 2001 or any Sport Trac for a very low price, but when it becomes a 02 they drop off the face of the earth.
As i understand it there are around 8 positions as some (or all) are in 2 parts and at least 3 diff sizes. As I said Ford want about 200 EACH x 8 ?

some aftermarket has to sell a KIT to fit,,,
But I may just have to try your suggestion... It sounds like a very Bad tail pipe rattle
100% of the time.

Yeah I had an 01 with the bushings completely gone and that is how I fixed it. Heck even if you can do the rear 4 you will notice a huge difference.

It is hard to believe that the parts house sell up to a 2001 or any Sport Trac for a very low price, but when it becomes a 02 they drop off the face of the earth.

Posts #64 and #65
Read all the comments and I keep seeing 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. Since mine is a 2002 am I in the wrong place?
I see at the top of the forum "'02+Sports". Do these instructions apply to a 2002 model?

2001 to 2003 sports are the same exact truck

I have a call in to Daystar Suspension Tech department. The first rep I spoke with said they had nothing for this car at all, only a ST. Their tech folks is to check this out and I will up date...
I cant believe that all 01 - 05 owners dont have this problem... By the way the front two bushing (under Rad) were made of rubber and are in perfect condition.

No 2003 Sport posts found. Three 2002 Sport reviews found using the Daystar KF04009 kit.

Thank you guys for recommending the DayStar kit. I had then body mounts replaced on my 2002 explorer sport. WOW!!! The ride is amazing.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3272646&postcount=15

Parts fit great on my 2002 explorer sport (5/27/2014 12:54:26 PM)

Great fit for 2002 explorer sport. These are the best deal on hard to find aftermarket bushings for '02 explorers! Just follow the directions supplied and some forum research and pocket the savings! (6/24/2013 9:34:19 AM)

Thanks guys. Could not find what I needed initially,(2002 Explorer Sport-2door). No listings for year, make, model.A little more research,phone calls to Energy,Daystar and a referral to "that Bronco Guy" in Tenn.(name escapes me at the moment).Got correct info from him....Turns out 2002 Sport(not Sport Trac) is not a Generation 3.Only 4 door models are.Ordered kit for a 2001 4 door worked out fantastic. Getting the truck apart did try my patience,however it went together as expected.I would recommend it to anybody.Checked out a couple threads on a forum before we started(1 jack@*$ said he did the job in 2 hours by himself). Some good tips and photos for familiarization. (1/4/2013 7:22:53 PM)

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KF04009BK#reviews

I just ordered the KIT from energy suspension parts to arrive on Friday. IF this works as many have said,,,, i just saved at least 700$. If they dont fit they will refund my 150$ plus shipping, and I will get them at carquest for about 900$.

I will update this about this time next week.
Thanks to everyone, now I may be able to go to McDonalds this weekend afterall.!

Well the Kit from Daystar (KF04009) arrived,

The install started this morning at 800 am and at 1100 am this morning the test drive was completed,

The kit fit very near perfect, No squeeks, no rattles,,,

This was done at a small shop with lift and only 1 person did the install..

So if you have an 01, 02 and probably 03,,,, here is the answer.

total charges,,,, 150 for Kit,,,, 20 for 2 day US mail and 3 hours labor

period,,,, saved about 900$

Hope this helps...

Steve Hearn

Nice, got any pics?

Great to hear! Thanks for the follow up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No Camera,,,No Pix,,,

But I did call Daystar and let them know the results...
I cant tell you how many calls and time wasted calling ,,,Autoanything, LMC, a-1, napa, Summett, even called the local Catholic Church, (the priest said they didnt sell truck parts)
I just hope this keeps someone from paying 1000$ or more..

Back