• Register Today It's free!

02 sport Sound System

trailblazer295

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
I am not completly satisfied with the sound quality in my 02 X sport, what size the speakers are in the front doors? Considering replacing them but not sure what kind of opitions I have as they seem an odd shape looking through the vent.

Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got an 01 sport i just got the stock speakers and stock stereo in my sport but i wanna upgrade speakers too and possibly put an amp in it too.

i forgot excatly the speaker size for the front and rear. Plus i might be getting an 800 watt amp from a friend of mine.

they are 6x8. it is a pretty standard size in ford and mazda vehicles. if you decide to go with components then you can get an adapter to fit a 6 and a half round speaker but the problem is that they really lack the low bass tones. IMO if you go to components you need to add a sub to get the low tones back.

Thanks for the advice, I don't want to change the audio deck and loose the functionality. I may add an amp and sub depending on price.

you will not loose functionality with a new head unit if anything you will gain some features. Pioneer makes some great decks adn they sound much better than stock.

The functionality I am refering to is that the back side of the center console has audio controls and head phone jacks for passengers in the back seat. I also like have all my bass, treble, bal, fade on seperate buttons instead of a menu system.

Take a look at the audio section here in the forum, get ideas from there, once you know what you like if you still have questions it will be easier to answer to specific issues, to keep your HU you'll need a hi-lo converter ~$20 from walmart for a schosche 4ch one...

Any idea where I would find out if my stock radio has an audio import? RCA, mini??? I have been trying to use FM transmitters with my iPod without much luck.

i got an 01 sport i just got the stock speakers and stock stereo in my sport but i wanna upgrade speakers too and possibly put an amp in it too.

i forgot excatly the speaker size for the front and rear. Plus i might be getting an 800 watt amp from a friend of mine.

Wow...thanks for the info :thumbdwn:

Any idea where I would find out if my stock radio has an audio import? RCA, mini??? I have been trying to use FM transmitters with my iPod without much luck.

Stock radios don't have this input, but a ton of new head units have them. You can get headphone jack to mini plugs, RCA inputs, if it's an ipod some new head units have control over it from the unit itself, and also some have USB ports for flash drives (that will be my next upgrade if i ever need a new radio)

Wow...thanks for the info :thumbdwn:
hahahahaha

Take a look at the audio section here in the forum, get ideas from there, once you know what you like if you still have questions it will be easier to answer to specific issues

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up putting the speakers from the rear (clarion with tweeter) into the front doors and putting some pioneers with tweeters in the back. It turns out they had an aftermarket compenant speakers in the doors already. I ditched them mid tone speaker from the door and left the tweeter in the panel. No problem with low tones with this setup even without an amp or sub. I will check out this audio section.

Back