02 Sport Trac XLT Sunroof Only Goes Forward and Backwards a Few Inches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Sport Trac XLT Sunroof Only Goes Forward and Backwards a Few Inches

Durvelle27

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
Hey what's up guys, new member here. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT that I have owned about 10 months now. The Sunroof has never worked since I bought it but now I decided that I want to fix it. All fuses are good and all windows function just fine. I pulled the console down and noticed there is no power at the switch and there are some wires cut. I was hoping someone could help me identify the cut wires so I can get this fixed.

Update: I was able to rewire in the new motor and a new pigtail. The motor seems to be fully functioning but once installed the roof only goes forward and backward a few inches. It doesn't fully open

IMG_7125.jpg
IMG_7128.jpg
IMG_7129.jpg
IMG_7126.jpg
IMG_7127.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can someone with a sunroof just pull down their console so I can see a picture of the wires

Like like they were cut and taped. You probably have a bigger issue than the wiring.

Like like they were cut and taped. You probably have a bigger issue than the wiring.
It looks like the person cut the Sunroof motor pigtail

If I had a picture of it I can resolder them back in

And then you will probably have to fix the original problem.

So i was able to get a pigtail rewired in along with a new motor. Motor is functioning well but now the issue is the Panel only goes back a few inches forward and backward

Back