• Register Today It's free!

02 wont crank start plz help

BUCKSHOTBOTOX

Reaction score
City, State
palm coast,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 expl sprt 4x4 4LV6
My Ford Explorer is having electrical issues I cannot get it to start I thought it first was the battery I bought a new battery put it in at night didn't bother to try and start until the next day it was dead then I thought it was a parasitic battery drain and upon further research that led me to believe that it might be my starter that was doing the draining so I pulled out the starter and hooked it up jumped it realize that indeed the starter was just fine so I just now put it back in I've taken the ground wires off sanded them down and place them back firmly at this point the issue is the theft light gets plenty of electricity because it's the only thing that's really bright with the key out even the door ajar is sounding the lights on the dash and on the Dome or not functioning properly and when I finally get enough electricity to go to the ignition there's just a quick click and then all the power Gets Zapped away somewhere else so I'm guessing somewhere along the line there's a drain but also when the door ajar alarm or whatever sounds I can hear a kind of clicking underneath my steering column can anyone help me figure this out at this point I have a brand new battery that has cold crank power the starter is in place the grounds are in place I have not tested the alternator or anything else for that matter the positive cable does have some corrosion beneath the insulation help

i wanted to update the situation. problem solved. now first and foremost it appears the issue was the corrosion in the positive cable that went from the battery to the starter. second i replaced the relay for the turn signal and it came to life the second the ground hit the post. thank you guys very much. hopefully my trauma can help someone in the future when this same situation arises..just replace pos. starter power cable.

Back