03 explorer 4.0 v6 vin k crank no start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 explorer 4.0 v6 vin k crank no start

meadowofbones

Reaction score
City, State
WHITETHORN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003explorerXLT 4.0 v6
2003 explorer v6 sohc 4wd. I am having a crank no start issue. I was driving and it suddenly died no sputtering or warning lights. I was able to restart without a problem. It continued dying over and over again until I was able to get it towed home and off of the trailer and now it will not start. I am getting spark . I can hear the fuel pump kicking over and I can also get a sufficient amount of fuel to spray out of the Schrader valve though I don't have a fuel pressure gauge.. the engine still does not start even with starting fluid directly into the throttle body.I have also inspected the coil pack and there are no visible cracks.i cleaned the MAF sensor. I did replace the fuel filter as well as the fuel pump relay but neither of those things helped. I am not getting any codes besides the p1000 finish drive cycle because I had disconnected the battery. I also changed the pck sensor. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. ......also there is no slapping noise and it seems to be cranking at the usual speed though I am getting no rpm movement except a delayed jump after trying to start. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2003 explorer v6 sohc 4wd. I am having a crank no start issue. I was driving and it suddenly died no sputtering or warning lights. I was able to restart without a problem. It continued dying over and over again until I was able to get it towed home and off of the trailer and now it will not start. I am getting spark . I can hear the fuel pump kicking over and I can also get a sufficient amount of fuel to spray out of the Schrader valve though I don't have a fuel pressure gauge.. the engine still does not start even with starting fluid directly into the throttle body.I have also inspected the coil pack and there are no visible cracks.i cleaned the MAF sensor. I did replace the fuel filter as well as the fuel pump relay but neither of those things helped. I am not getting any codes besides the p1000 finish drive cycle because I had disconnected the battery. I also changed the pck sensor. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. ......also there is no slapping noise and it seems to be cranking at the usual speed though I am getting no rpm movement except a delayed jump after trying to start. Thanks.
@meadowofbones

Is there spark? "pck" sensor means what? If Crankshaft Position Sensor is faulty, there will be no spark. imp

are you sure you did not pop a timing chain? Pull the valve covers see if the cams spin

I am sorry. I missed you said you DO have spark. Compression test might be easier to do vs pulling valve covers to see if the cams turn.

you are right compression test would be easier if you have the tool to check compression

It spins so I know that's not it do you have any other suggestions please

Look at your spark plug wires and coil pack

Back