• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer, heater problem

03AZExploder

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I live in Arizona, so obviously we don't need our heaters very much. It's now cold enough to use them, so i turned mine on, but my defroster and dash vents blow warm air, not really what i call hot. But, my floor vents blow super hot air, just like my dash used to. I replaced the actuator motor about two years ago, and i don't hear the same clicking noise i did back then. My A/C works just fine, super cold. Anybody have this happen? How do i fix this?

Nobody? C'mon guys, don't leave me out in the cold on this one...

Re: Heater Problem

That's funny because my heater has been bugging out as well. I just bought a 97 Explorer and the heat works well. Gets really hot really fast, even when the car is cold. The other day, while at work, I cut the car on turned on the heat and it started to smoke a little under the hood. I checked the temp gauge but the car was not running hot. I shut it off and cut it back on again and there was no more smoke/steam coming from under my hood. Then Saturday, she started to smoke/steam up again. I called my mechaninc and brought her in but he found nothing. Radiator and reservoir are full but you can smell the antifreeze sometimes. IDK what the deal is.

nobody at all? 107 views and nobody has a solution, is that some sort of record?

Back