03 Explorer Limited on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer Limited on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels

JarvisB

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Just thought I'd share. Just as the title says: I have a 03 Explorer Limited on a set of 22" OEM Edge Sport wheels.

I scored this set of edge wheels for $400 this past weekend and slapped them on the Explorer. I think I like it - Looks like it could come like that from factory. The wheels look OEM, not aftermarket, which I like a lot.

The tires are 265/40/R22. I think the fitment is perfect. No rubbing anywhere.

71043664-8EB2-4A87-90F4-92E6153E0809_zpsyaoqf4rv.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks very good

BoltPattExplorer_zps79498761.jpg

BoltPattEdge_zps80c66229.jpg

^^ not sure what are you trying to show?

^^ not sure what are you trying to show?

Just that the bolt patterns are all the same. Only difference being the offset. Just don't know how to calculate the impact of that. The newer Taurus has a large rim as well. Just need a list off options so one can wrecking yard hunt.

those look pretty badass on there! :thumbsup:

Just that the bolt patterns are all the same. Only difference being the offset. Just don't know how to calculate the impact of that. The newer Taurus has a large rim as well. Just need a list off options so one can wrecking yard hunt.

Thanks! I thought you were trying to point out the difference. The set up is doing good sofar. Only thing i have noticed is that i got some road noise when braking. Seems like the aerodynamics are a bit off now so there is some road noise when slowing down. Not too big of a deal though.

Road noise could be a bearing. What clearance issues have you noticed?
Is the overall height the same as the OE? I haven't done the conversion, hoping u already have.

I'm pretty sure you might have to flash the PCM with the tire size so your speedo can read correctly. Looks Good BTW!

That does not sounds right. I think the stock tire size was either 235/70R16 or 245/65R17.

I was going off what I thought mine was. I'll check when I get home because it's currently up on jack stands to get the wheels powder coated. I do know it's either 245/75/16 or now that you got me thinking, 245/70/16.

Edit: My stock size is 245/70/16

The stockers are 245/65R17. My 22s set up are almost identical with the stockers so I m good here.

Now I am thinking about selling my stockers with brand new tires. Not sure if they would sell, but I just spent 600 bucks on the tires alone and the limited wheels are in excellent condition - no curb rash or anything.

You guys think I should be able to sell my stock set up?

The stockers are 245/65R17. My 22s set up are almost identical with the stockers so I m good here.

Now I am thinking about selling my stockers with brand new tires. Not sure if they would sell, but I just spent 600 bucks on the tires alone and the limited wheels are in excellent condition - no curb rash or anything.

You guys think I should be able to sell my stock set up?

When I bought my 20's, I sold my stockers that had brand new Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's installed via warranty because the Firestone Destination A/T's had cracked sidewalls. I wish I would have kept them because they would have made excellent winter tires.

With that said, it's up to you if you honestly do not need/want them anymore. I would toss them on Craigslist for $700 and see what happens.

Hey JarvisB just wondering how does the truck feel in the highway at 80mph or above? Any vibration or shaking? I'm asking because I put brand new 20" rims with 275/45/20 Hankook Tires and when I get to 80mph I get a slight vibration in the front.

Hey JarvisB just wondering how does the truck feel in the highway at 80mph or above? Any vibration or shaking? I'm asking because I put brand new 20" rims with 275/45/20 Hankook Tires and when I get to 80mph I get a slight vibration in the front.

Do you have the Hankook Ventus ST RHO6 tires? I have a brand new set (275/45/20)) that I will have installed this weekend and will be getting them "Road Force" balanced. The last set did a great job until an alignment issue caused uneven wear/cupping and then they had a light shake a hwy speeds.

Do you have the Hankook Ventus ST RHO6 tires? I have a brand new set (275/45/20)) that I will have installed this weekend and will be getting them "Road Force" balanced. The last set did a great job until an alignment issue caused uneven wear/cupping and then they had a light shake a hwy speeds.
Mine are Ventus AS

Hello Jarvis,

How low is your truck and what lowering kit did you use if you don't Mind me asking. I have a 2005 and I would love to mimic your set up. And the wheels look great. Really clean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats clean! If mine was 2wd id rock that...

Back