03 explorer sport lift springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 explorer sport lift springs

drifterboy3

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer sport
hey guys i have an 03 sport with a bad case of saggy ass. i want to fix that and start doing some light wheeling, it will still be my dd in the mean time so im only looking for around 3" of lift
i read about the 86 f150 springs bolting on. has anyone done this?
my other idea is oem springs with warrior shackles, but i can not find oem springs online and the dealership wants a ridiculous amount, could someone point me where to get them? or will sport trac leafs work?
finnaly i am considering soa conversion. i have a mig welder at my disposal will that be enough or do i need a tig welder?

as far as the front i know there is the coilover option, pricey and a lot of work is tt or torsion keys my only other option up front?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

or could i just put a ranger rear end on it? since those are soa.

You can use a leaf pack from a 4 door and add load adjusts and or Warrior shackles and even an add a leaf. Up front a mild TT is the cheapest

new768_zpsf064ec9d.jpg

This is mine with that setup

IMG_0166_zps60911b57.jpg

And after a body lift

You can use a leaf pack from a 4 door and add load adjusts and or Warrior shackles and even an add a leaf. Up front a mild TT is the cheapest

new768_zpsf064ec9d.jpg

This is mine with that setup

IMG_0166_zps60911b57.jpg

And after a body lift

Thats how i want mine to look. Will any 4 dr set work? Or what years did you use? Also where did you get those fender flairs?

If your Sport is 4x4, the extreme TT adjust might cause early failure of the axle CV joints.

As I said I run a mild TT no where near cranked. , the leafs came out of a 97 with a tow package. The fender flares are Egr for a Trac don't think you can find them anymore

As I said I run a mild TT no where near cranked. , the leafs came out of a 97 with a tow package. The fender flares are Egr for a Trac don't think you can find them anymore

I have seen some other sets for an ST do they fit clean though? Or did it take some modifying?

If your Sport is 4x4, the extreme TT adjust might cause early failure of the axle CV joints.

Ya it is 4wd depending on how much lift i go with i am going to put straps on the front because i also dont want to break a ball joint.

I was just looking for those springs it has an option for soa and sua. Do you rememeber which you got?

I added coil over shocks as well as an add a leaf kit and it took care of my saggy rear problem.

I did not modify the flares at all went straight on. My add a leaf was a superlift long add a leaf for the Explorer and Ranger

I did not modify the flares at all went straight on. My add a leaf was a superlift long add a leaf for the Explorer and Ranger

What about just the spring pack. Online it says they had them spring over axle and spring under axle for the 97 do you know if they matter

No idea I got my leaf pack from a pick and pull

well i got aset today of leafs today from the yard. i got home and noticed the "band" on one set is broken. its a band that runs all the way around 3 of the leaves. should i be worried about that?

I put new bands on mine a local truck suspension shop had them for $5

Cheapest place i vould find was 40 bucks about 50 minutes away. So i ended up making my own. Btw where did you get the rear taillight guards? And how long did your body lift take?

Tail light guards are Weston for second gen i modded them to fit the wider 01 to 03 tail lights , I got them through Napa and Keystone.

Body lift took about 8 hours the bumpers took another 2 and modding the grillguard to mount to the frame instead of brackets took another 3 hours

id like to do one but im leary of it, like some freak accident and dropping the body or screwing up mounting the radiator or extending steering. do you happen to know if the second gen 4 door and 03 sport frames are the same? or if they are the same at the bumper mounts?

Similar just shorter same as the older Sports, the rear bumper is the same the front is similar the mounting holes are slightly off

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 03 sport fly. It has a multi leaf pack on it now and sags. Will a 96 four door leaf pack do anything?

Back