03 Explorer Sport with lift and on 265 black rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer Sport with lift and on 265 black rims?

Canesgirl90

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport XLT 2wd
I have an 03 explorer sport and I want to put it on a 3" suspension lift and I'm being told that putting it on 265 tires would be the way to go. I also want black rims, but I'm not sure which rims fit my lugs. I really REALLY like All Terrain Tuff T 04 18". Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes. the 5x114.3 bolt pattern. 17", 18", and 20" will work

Yay! I don't really know that much about tires and wheels, but one of my buddies told me to get 265 tires, will those rims fit on those tires?

Yay! I don't really know that much about tires and wheels, but one of my buddies told me to get 265 tires, will those rims fit on those tires?

"265" is only part of the sizing.

For example, if you find a 265/75/16 tire, that last set of numbers "16" indicates the size rim it will fit on, i.e., a 16 inch rim. The first two sets of numbers indicate the sizing.

Read more here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/23715-how-understand-metric-tire-sizes.html#post328282

Google is an amazing thing.

Here's my next question: my truck is only 2wd and a lot of my friends go kidding and want me to come with. I really want to go but Im cautious because I don't know if my truck can make it through, would I be in the clear to take it? We have a mud jam coming up in two weeks and I wouldnlikento take it =]

Here's my next question: my truck is only 2wd and a lot of my friends go kidding and want me to come with. I really want to go but Im cautious because I don't know if my truck can make it through, would I be in the clear to take it? We have a mud jam coming up in two weeks and I wouldnlikento take it =]

Well half the fun is getting stuck and figuring out how to get you out and going again, lol. Plus you might be surprised how well it does with just some good tires.

I want to get green LED dome lights for my truck, what do I need to look for?
:yelexp:

Back