03 Explorer Sport XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer Sport XLT

Just picked up my new rig this week, it's an 03 Explorer Sport XLT, 4.0 SOHC, 4wd. 118kms, power everything. It's a nice upgrade over my old Ranger (97 Ranger Rebel, 2.3, 2wd)

Here's a quick pic, it's a little dirty, i need to give it a good wash/wax and then get some better pics.
IMG-20120718-01065.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Snapped a few crappy cell phone pics yesterday after work.
IMG-20120721-01086.jpg

IMG-20120721-01087.jpg

IMG-20120721-01088.jpg

IMG-20120721-01090.jpg

IMG-20120721-01085.jpg

Very nice. Reminds me of my 02' sport. I miss it from time to time. Any future plans?

Very nice. Reminds me of my 02' sport. I miss it from time to time. Any future plans?

My only immediate plans are to back the t-bolts off a little to hopefully level the front with the rear, I have some spring sag out back. I pulled my stereo out of my ranger before I sold it so I'll hook that up as soon as I build a new sub box/amp rack. I might pick away at a few little mods here and there, but nothing major. This is my daily driver and baby hauler so I'm not looking to do much to it at this point.

Sounds good. Keep us posted. I'll like to see how it goes.

nice i used to have an 01 sport i miss it but its in good hands now

Congrats and I like it! Right now i have my 03 sport torn apart for the 3" BL that i am putting on. Mine is the same as yours, power everything, 4.0 and i put my sound system in it (2 15's; kenwood deck; renegade amp(crappy amp lol). Oncei get this BL done i will put up some pics and then its saving time for the gear changes and possible rear locker (aussie for sure). Again, nice ride :thumbsup:

Untitled.jpg

You might see i did take off the steps and the molding at the bottom as i broke a few clips and as i would drive they would just fall off and hang lol

Sounds good. Keep us posted. I'll like to see how it goes.
Will do. I'll try to be as pic heavy as I can because, well, what's a thread without pics?

nice i used to have an 01 sport i miss it but its in good hands now
At least it's being well taken care of, that's the main thing. I just sold my old ranger and I'm hoping the new owner takes good care if it too.

Congrats and I like it! Right now i have my 03 sport torn apart for the 3" BL that i am putting on. Mine is the same as yours, power everything, 4.0 and i put my sound system in it (2 15's; kenwood deck; renegade amp(crappy amp lol). Oncei get this BL done i will put up some pics and then its saving time for the gear changes and possible rear locker (aussie for sure). Again, nice ride :thumbsup:

You might see i did take off the steps and the molding at the bottom as i broke a few clips and as i would drive they would just fall off and hang lol

Thanks man! Yours is looking good too, should look beefy with the BL. Did you paint the lower cladding or did it come silver? I'd like to color match mine down the road.
Also, do u have any pics of your sub setup? I'm in planning mode now trying to figure out the best layout for my system, it's just a single 10" with two amps, one for sub and one for speakers. I have a couple ideas drawn out, but I always enjoy seeing how other ppl lay things out.

Thanks man! Yours is looking good too, should look beefy with the BL. Did you paint the lower cladding or did it come silver? I'd like to color match mine down the road.
Also, do u have any pics of your sub setup? I'm in planning mode now trying to figure out the best layout for my system, it's just a single 10" with two amps, one for sub and one for speakers. I have a couple ideas drawn out, but I always enjoy seeing how other ppl lay things out.

Right now i only have 1 amp just for the subs...i was going to setup a better sound system but my money is going elsewhere since the music still plays just fine for my ears :)

Here are the subs...right now i have the facing the roof instead of looking at the back
KICKER15s.jpg

EXPLORERSTEREO-1.jpg

EXPLORERAMP.jpg

Also, here is a picture of truck with the BL (partially done)...still in the process...i ran into a snag on the front body mounts..bolts are seized. :p
EXPLORERDURINGBL.jpg

Oh, and to answer you question about the trim, mine came with all silver. there was not a single piece that was different in color. This really made me like the ex more as I am not too fond of multi-colors unless it is a "custom" paint job. Stock 2 tone's just are not attractive in my opinion :)

The body lift is looking good man! So do u have your amp mounted to the back of the sub box? I think I have my plan finalized, just need to actually build it. It won't be anything extravagant, just clean and compact so I can easily remove it when need be.

And yeah, the color matched cladding looks way better imo. I don't mind some two-tone, but not when one half is ugly plastic molding. Id like to paint mine at some point, but it's not high on the priority list right now.

The body lift is looking good man! So do u have your amp mounted to the back of the sub box? I think I have my plan finalized, just need to actually build it. It won't be anything extravagant, just clean and compact so I can easily remove it when need be.

And yeah, the color matched cladding looks way better imo. I don't mind some two-tone, but not when one half is ugly plastic molding. Id like to paint mine at some point, but it's not high on the priority list right now.

Actually the amp is bolted to the back left seat. It is not that big of one and its a cheaper one so if I put it on the box it would most likely rattle itself to death lol. My system is a little much and i may just downsize to 1 15 instead of 2. Not sure yet.

I agree, the plactic molding 2 tones are not that great but sometimes can bring out a little life in the appearance. I had a f-150 that was forest green with a silver 2 tone bottom and it was "nice" as the green itself was not the most attractive color but the bottom silver brought it up...so to speak :)

Pulled the ugly dealer plate from the front the other day (exciting,I know) so I thought I'd throw up a pic
IMG-20120731-01100.jpg

And here it is parked with my brother's 05 2dr Blazer and my sister's 04 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Aren't family photos great?
IMG-20120722-01092.jpg

I haven't made any progress on the sub box build yet, been too busy with work. I'm hoping to get something started soon. I need to find some sort of quick connect for all the amps wiring so I can unplug everything and haul it out easily.

Back