• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer xlt 5R55W trans issue

focuzed

Reaction score
City, State
Standish Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Okay so 3 weeks ago i got the O/D flashing light went straight to trans shop he pulled the codes and got "pressure control silnoid B and 5th gear out of ratio" so i bought a new sil. block from 800700 tran and put it in filled with fluid using the process on here even used the sil block replacement procedure from here too but after doing all that i still get the O/D flashing light and now the SES light has come on.

the shift points are a little off easy accel. its shifting at like 3200-3400 rpms from 1st to 2nd then from second to 3rd at about 2100-2400 depending on how im accelling then it hangs in 4th it doesnt go into O/D and i can feel that its not going into O/D cuz doing 50 when i re-apply the gas it has to go up to like 25-3000 rpms to start going faster. when going into reverse its a little clunk but after driving this and about 10 others (used to work at a ford dealership as salesperson) they all pretty much do that and after going into drive it sometimes has a very faint hiss like when you over turn your steering wheel that like noise you hear from the steering rack that noise but goes away either in a few seconds or when i start going. its kicking down through gears nicely and even shifting pretty much spot on going from 1st to 4th in all driving conditions (going easy, going quick, or hammerin) but still if i hammer on it in first it wont shift at like 5500 rpms it goes right to 6 then shifts but still not a hard shift it feels like i have fixed the hard shifts but the shift points are off and i have no O/D iv read almost all the posts i could find on here and most people say the block fixed thier EX and that the VB rarely goes on these when i had it open i did not see any broken bands and there was no metal in the bottom when i dropped it, the fluid was a little dirty but not horrible.

truck has 80k on it now i bought it used at 53k from my dads auction it was in mint condition i mean no scratches no stains no nothing probably the best explorer iv ever seen at the auction and it really was owned by an older lady in new york. (no service records unfortunatly)

Also when i was filling it it seemed full yesterday like it was dripping out a steady pace but not a solid pissing stream so i was like cool its filled but this morning when i was like okay im gunna drop the pan again and check it out to make sure i put everything in right i pulled the drain plug and nothing came out it was dry in the pan but the car was off, even when its off shouldnt it still have fluid in the pan? when turning it on it will pour right out but still it should have fluid in the pan when its off does that mean once again i dont have enough fluid? iv put about 10 quarts in but i never went past dropping the pan so not all would have leaked from inside tranny i would imagin there would still be 3 quarts inside the gears .....

i dont know completly confused and dont really know where to go from here also money is tight so i cant just bring it to a dealer or a tranny shop again so pleeeease help thanks

Back