03 fliptrac $700 daily driver (summer of fun with 4 sport tracs) | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 fliptrac $700 daily driver (summer of fun with 4 sport tracs)

Moog wheel bearings failed on the 03
They were not on there very long
These were some Moog bearing hubs from
Online close out, non abs. The inner seal failed and they both came apart. I don’t like Moog I swore them off years ago and I’m doing it again now

I replaced all 4 tires
All 4 tie rod ends
And front whee bearings with new precision parts from oreillys

Also she’s getting new motorcraft plug wires and some new $25 Fog lights, the old ones got water in them over the winter. The new lights will get taken apart and sealed with some permatex before install

IMG_1485.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, I've had one pair of Moog hubs, but mostly Ford or SKF recently.

The SKF have gotten really expensive lately, while Ford was $200 each the first time I got those. I still use Moog CA's, but I wonder about the small boots and seals. If the seals survive, the BJ's might do fine. I think seals letting water past them is what kills most BJ's.

Sorry to hear that, I've had one pair of Moog hubs, but mostly Ford or SKF recently.

The SKF have gotten really expensive lately, while Ford was $200 each the first time I got those. I still use Moog CA's, but I wonder about the small boots and seals. If the seals survive, the BJ's might do fine. I think seals letting water past them is what kills most BJ's.
I have Moog upper lower ball joints. My uppers both boots have been torn for many many years. I just grease then quite regularly and are still good!

Skf and timken bearings are very good, probably close in quality to the motorcraft service grade hubs

Cannot get the real oem hubs anymore only service grade. I have been having good luck with precision pieces seems they are on a mission to make better parts then Moog, the precision rep keeps training the dudes at the local oreillys to point out how their parts are superior

It’s all a crap shoot these days it seems, some things hold up some things just don’t. I am careful where I spend my money because I have so many vehicles to maintain I need the parts to hold up dollar for dollar

Our road kills cheap parts in under two years, I could be the test mule hahahaha

Now our front hubs have a 3 year “limited” warranty…. Will see how that goes! I keep track of our local warranty parts on a white board in the shop

Back